Work in Progress/Preview 9/6/16

I hope everyone had a enjoyable and relaxing or productive Labor Day weekend!

Here is what I have been working on. I dont have many pictures to share. I usually take pictures with my phone but that took a dump on me the other day. So I broke out the spare which has a mind of its own sometimes. I decided it wasnt a good Idea to use my nice camera I just got for this task.

I got this bad boy finished up this weekend and sharpened today. Tomorrow or Thursday I will chop up some 2x4's and what ever my heart desires. I think I will put this one up for a pass around later this week when I ge done playing with it. I hope there is enough interest in it.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Shaped these five handles today. From top to bottom Apache in African Bubinga, Mamushi in Amboyna Burl, Trail Hand in Spalted Buckeye Burl, Warthog in Spalted Maple Burl and, Warthog in Black Ash Burl. All in 1/8'' CPM154.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for looking, questions and comments welcome.

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

There are some pretty wood handles coming, that Mamushi is going to be exceptional.

How great would it be to live a lifestyle where that new big chopper rides on you hip most days. From the other thread it looked to be approx 13" OAL with an 8.5" blade. That is a big chunk of steel

Guys, you have to sign up for the big knife pass-around. It is fricking amazing. Great lines, perfect balance and a very usable blade shape/design - the cutting edge is usable all the way with no ricasso/guard. I want one....

Guys, you have to sign up for the big knife pass-around. It is fricking amazing. Great lines, perfect balance and a very usable blade shape/design - the cutting edge is usable all the way with no ricasso/guard. I want one....

I'd be interested in checking out that new big knife design...

I think that roomy handle design with the rounded butt end and the nicely shaped contours/swells is one that I'd probably be quite partial to... I'd like to see what it feels like in hand.

It really feels great in hand, fantastic handle contours and a very useful shape blade (looks great too).

I'd be interested in checking out that new big knife design...

I think that roomy handle design with the rounded butt end and the nicely shaped contours/swells is one that I'd probably be quite partial to... I'd like to see what it feels like in hand.

It really feels great in hand, fantastic handle contours and a very useful shape blade (looks great too).

I am glad you guys are interested. I plan a still playing with it, I bought some stuff to chop through. I plan on posting the results up soon then the pass around thread soon after!

Back