Worker-More Help Needed

As I mentioned in my earlier thread, my new Worker is pre-loved
smile.gif
. There is slight, but quite noticeable, side to side plade play. It is only slight when the lock is engaged but quite obvious when the spring is held down. When the blade is closed it can be "clicked" against the scales. Is this usual? This is the only steel knife I have handled so I'm not sure if this is to be expected or if it is a result of wear. If it is wear, is there anything that can be done for it or is it just a sign that it has passed its used-by-date
frown.gif
. I don't want to send it all the way back to Golden if nothing can be done (or needs to be).

BTW it has a plain blade and I noticed the current production is serrated. Does this give any indication of its age?

TIA

------------------
Take care,
Clay

Don't worry that the world might end tomorrow....in Australia it's tomorrow already.

Clay;
I have a Standard model (very similar to a worker) that has been going to work with me for over fifteen years. The spyder edge is well worn, but everything else is in great shape. No play, and locks up tight. The spyderco company has a great reputation, and I wouldn't be affraid of sending to them for their opinion. I have sent mine back to be sharpened once, and although I don't remember how long it took, I do remember it was entirely reasonable. (but I do have several backups to use in it's absense.) If this is your first Spyderco, don't just take my word for it,they are great knifes's.

Back