Working on Folders

Didn't know for sure where to post unfinished work, been working on these for the last couple of weeks or so. Should finish them up tomorrow, after I get through with my honey do list. Feedback comments welcome, Will post better pictures when I complete them and put them up for sale. Thanks Mike

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I really like the 3rd from the top.
what are you using for spacer material in the last 4 knives; second picture?
nice job anywhoo! :cool:
Steve

Mike, those are beautiful! They all look great, but my favorite is the third one from the top. What is that handle materiel? Its wonderful!
Ed

I like them all too, but the third and forth from the top is my favs. Nice file work too.

hey mike, nice work, they are all very nice, i am working on a similar style folder for myself and have a question for ya, on the liner, spefically the left
liner that locks the blade, how thick on material do you need? is there any
problems with nothing but against the handle material on that liner, in other
words can the handle material possible split, i was planning on using mammoth
for the handles. any info will be appreciated!!!!

thanks

I use .040 on both of my liners. You could use .010&.o30 on the spring side and .040 on the opposite if you think you could have trouble out of the handle material. We started out doing all of them that way. Mike

Mark that is camel bone on the third one and giarafe on the fourth one, but my favorite is the first and second ones wilh amber stag. The damascus blades and bolsters really look better than the pics. When I finish them I will use my tent set up that I showed you a while back and see if I can't get some better pics. Mike

Back