working out with Tom Kier

Hey Guys,

I recently had the privilege of spending a number of hours studying with Guro Tom here in LA (it was also nice meeting Guro Kayanan as well). The experience only whetted my appetite for more training in Sayoc Kali and the only negative thing was not being able to spend as much time working out with him as I would have liked (damn you Omar - just kidding). Guro Tom also gave a mini-seminar in Edged Weapons Awareness to some of the guys in my department as well. Everyone had a great time and learned many valuable things (including my instructor, Richard Bustillo).

If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend training with Guro Tom. He knows his stuff (!), is an excellent instructor, and didn't beat me up too badly (haha).

Thanks again Guro! I look forward to the next time you're in town.

Respectfully,

Sam

Hello Sam,

Guro Tom is a very good teacher and a great martial artist. Over the last year or so , I have had the opportunity to meet, watch and train a few times with Guro Tom. He has a wonderful ability to take a drill, break it out into it's tactical applications, and continue to get you to flow right along.
I hope to get to meet you at a Sayoc Kali event. I am sure you will enjoy the training!
Gumagalang
Steve L.

Steve, look forward to it!

Sidewinder, at least you live semi-close to a Sayoc instructor! Colin Ryan? I'd like to meet him someday too.

I had a great time, training in California with all the talented and dedicated Martial artist. I wish we had more time. But I will be out again in Dec.
It was a great honor meeting Manong Guro Richard Bustillo.
The FMA's are very strong on the west coast. And so are the LEO's

Anyone who has a chance to train with Guro Colin Ryan, don't miss the chance. He and I have known and trained together for almost 20 years. We started out wrestlings together in the early 80's, and did our time Training, Bouncing and Fighting in some rough places together.
He is the real deal.

Hello Sam, and Sidewinder,
Are you both members of the Sayoc Kali Organization? The new changes in the website forum are awesome. I look forward tohearing from you on one of the forums about how your training is going.
Gumagalang
Steve

Back