World War II Japanese officers sword ID please

My apologies if I ever use the wrong terminology for my title Please correct me. I'm under the impression this is a World War II Japanese officers katana with a leather combat sheath. I'll show the photos of the signature first and you can request other photos as needed. There's a guy that wants to buy it tomorrow but I don't want to sell it to him until I have additional information on its value. The quarter inch of the tip is missing, as in broke off. Otherwise as far as I know it's been in storage for the last 25 years.
thank you.
20190427_180417.jpg
My phone number and email is available upon request for additional help.

Here are some additional photos please. Thank you.

Japanese katana with signature https://imgur.com/gallery/Dn81qNl

I do have to sell it but I'd rather not get ripped off. Fry know it's worth a million dollars or fry know it's worth ten bucks. I just want to be reasonable with the buyer that's coming tomorrow. Thank you guys not sure how to thank you except say thank you.
When I found it it was in the closet in the corner standing up and my dad said to me it was unsigned, but I knew enough to notice that someone had already taking it apart and I noticed they reassemble that improperly. I waited a few days till I had time and watched a couple good videos on YouTube and I took it apart myself and I reassembled it. It seems to me everything matches it's pretty cool. It's pretty beat up but I have to admit there was one point where I was out in the yard and I had to play with it. I thought Bowie knives were fun just things amazing with a giggle on my face. I can't possibly imagine what war must have been like with this weapon in the hands of trained man trying to defend his country and save his people it's an amazing amazing amazing big-ass knife...

It is signed Noshu Ju Kanemichi and dated 1938-39. Can't tell from the photos if it has an arsenal stamp or not.. Highest probability is that it is a nontraditionally made sword. That and the tip broken off, i would put the value at approx. $200-$500 to a military collector. Antique collectors would not be interested.

Back