• Spring cleaning sale: I've reduced prices on the BladeForums.com Logo Tshirts and PVC patches to move these out of here! We're down to sizes Large & XL on the shirts, but have plenty of every colorway left on the patches. Get them before they are gone! https://www.bladeforums.com/help/bfcmerch/
  • The search engine is not working correctly. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Thank you for your patience.
  • I've implemented new password tools to try and cut down on the number of people getting their profiles compromised by reusing the same passwords that they have used elsewhere. If you are using a password that has been exposed in a data breach and is listed on haveibeenpwned.com you will get a notification to change it the next time you log in. When you choose a new password it will show you the strength; you will need a "Medium" strength or higher password for here, 8 characters or more in length.

Thanks for your support!

Worst day of the week to order a knife?

Worst day of the week to order a knife?

• Total voters

Yo Mama

Gold Member
Platinum Member
It's Friday night actually. You know they won't be sending until at least Monday.........if you are lucky.

Luckily, tracking shows the new g10 jade ultratech arrives tomorrow!

Friday: You already have the weekend in front of you. Order on a Monday to give you a lift to start the week.
My orders are all 1-6 months delivery lead time (small countries don’t hold big stocks of foreign knives), so the day of ordering doesn’t make much difference.

Fire Beard

Gold Member
If I order first thing on a Wednesday morning, pay Priority shipping and the retailer actually gets it in the mail the same day…I can at least have hope I’ll get it by Saturday. That’s if literally everything goes right.

So, that’s where the cutoff is for me. Ordering on Thursday generally means a five day wait. The worst day to buy a new knife.

Surname

Basic Member
From my experience it's been Tuesdays... Order on Tuesday. Seller ships knife on Wednesday. Shipping company says it will arrive Friday. Knife shows up Monday evening... Every time I expect that's what's going to happen, and every time I'm still disappointed!

Mossyhorn

Enlightened Rogue
Gold Member
If it's a knife you really want, the best day is the day you first view it. If you wait a day or even more, it could be out of stock.

tgmr05

Gold Member
Friday late in the day. Not only does it not ship out till Monday, but it is also the first orders seen on Monday - all that work that piled up over the weekend…

madcap_magician

Gold Member
Platinum Member
Worst day would be Thursday into Friday, for me, as even the speediest places will get it into the post office same day, but it often takes all weekend to travel, while a Tuesday or Wednesday DLT order will be there Friday.

stevejams

Gold Member
The day when you order it, and 5 minutes later, it shows up on the exchange for a way better price from a reputable member who will get it out quicker than the site you just purchased it from.

Late Friday evening is the worst and Monday morning is the best, especially if the place your ordering from has same day shipping.