1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worth buying a stretch when you have a couple Endura's?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by BIG45-70, Oct 16, 2013.

1. BIG45-70

BIG45-70

Aug 29, 2010
    I've been eyeing up a spyderco stretch as there is one in ZDP-189 for a really good price and I'm a fan of the steel.

I already have an Endura in ZDP and VG-10. Just wondering if it's enough of an upgrade to justify another purchase?

2. scottabrandeberry

scottabrandeberry Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2012
    There is never a bad reason to buy another knife... lol!

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv

Feb 7, 2005
    Yes. It's definitely worth it. They might share materials and locks, but they are quite different in design.

4. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I love the blue Stretch in FRN, ZDP, although there are other colors and even one in C.F.
    I had to sell my first blue to pay bills; was lucky and found another NIB. I'm happy.
    The Endura is a nice knife; I bought one for a son-in-law.
    Yes, the Stretch is great.

5. FTR-14c

FTR-14c

Jul 24, 2011
    Yep! The Stretch is a good carry with a nice belly in the blade.
    The Endura and Stretch are my two work beaters, they are completely different knives.

6. JDunn709

JDunn709

Jan 7, 2009
    Yes!

The Stretch is a completely different animal than the Endura!

7. VictorLouis

VictorLouis

Mar 6, 2000
    Agreed. I've handled every current production large Spydie now, and some out of production, LOL. Stretch FRN still remains my fave. If I would not rust a GB by merely looking at it, I'd have one those, too. Everything just comes together on that knife in so many ways. Another runner up is the R, a knife yet to be made in serial production ( I don't know why) .

8. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    The only thing I like better about the stretch is the finger choil. As others have said, they are pretty different knives. If I could only have one it would be the endura. It would be nice of you could actually handle the stretch first.

9. eschwebach

eschwebach

Jul 16, 2012
    I have a feeling that if you buy the Stretch you may sell your Endura's. I believe there is a Super Blue Stretch coming out sometime this year. ZDP is great but SB is easier to sharpen IMO.

10. T Schloz

T Schloz

Oct 3, 2001
    Yes, get the stretch.

Tom