Worth the $$?? Case Collectors Club

I'm hemming and hawing about whether I should plonk down $15 and join the official W.R. Case Club. It'd be real user-friendly if they'd let prospective members into the Forum, etc. for maybe a trial 10 day period.

Anyway, I'm guessing that some BF folks must have membership over there -- or have in the past.

Is the Case Forum active and friendly? I collection mostly riggers so Case blades are only a part of my interest. Though, I do like the idea of supporting an American manufacturer and brand -- so many have fallen by the wayside.

What do you all think?

Thanks! Shepherd Jim

I joined as a Life Member back in the mid-to-late '90s I think. If I remember correctly, I paid a one-time fee of $50 for it. I don't regret it at all, although I haven't taken full advantage of it. I do receive periodic materials in the mail, which have a lot of good, juicy info regarding Case's history, tang marks, pattern stamps, etc. That alone is worth the price of admission, as far as I'm concerned. They also mail a product line catalog every year, detailing the upcoming year's offerings. That'll be useful reference material down the road, I'm sure.

Back