Would like to see all variations of the SE knives.

I have picked up a few but would love to see all of the different ones made over the years. More to add to the collection I am hoping. Also any info you have on it would be most appreciated.

Well again Nephron I highly encourage you to get one of these new Sprint Run C-60 Ayoob models when Sal Releases them. That knife is so good in SE it's unbelievable. It's great in both edge types but it's about theee best Spyderedged blade that Spyderco ever made IMO.

Also if you could be lucky enough to find one of the older Caly Jr. models in SE I think you would love it too. One of my very favorite Spyderedged utility type knives I've ever used is their older ATS-55 era, Stainless Handled RESCUE model. To me it's the best of all of those "sheepsfoot" bladed models.

One older Spyderco model that was extremely efficient and awesome was the AUS-8, Full SE Catcherman model. The AUS-8 Catcherman models were made in the mid to late 90s. The AUS-8 Catcherman models had a significantly thicker blade and a really nice low profile serration pattern.

Also the very first run of the Dodo model you could get in SE & PE ( 2003 era). And for no more longer than that blade on the Dodo model was it could cut like a mini-chainsaw.

So far my all time favorite Spyderco fixed blade in SE is the older (2004 era) TEMPERANCE 1 model. It was available in SE & PE and both were great. I've still got those and I use them at least 3 to 4 times a week on average. Spyderco's serrated history is a book in and of itself. And I can't wait for a long overdue sequel to the "Spyderco Story" by Kenneth Delavigne. He goes into detail regarding Spyderco's unique serrated edges.

One older Spyderco model that was extremely efficient and awesome was the AUS-8, Full SE Catcherman model. The AUS-8 Catcherman models were made in the mid to late 90s. The AUS-8 Catcherman models had a significantly thicker blade and a really nice low profile serration pattern.

Also the very first run of the Dodo model you could get in SE & PE ( 2003 era). And for no more longer than that blade on the Dodo model was it could cut like a mini-chainsaw.

So far my all time favorite Spyderco fixed blade in SE is the older (2004 era) TEMPERANCE 1 model. It was available in SE & PE and both were great. I've still got those and I use them at least 3 to 4 times a week on average. Spyderco's serrated history is a book in and of itself. And I can't wait for a long overdue sequel to the "Spyderco Story" by Kenneth Delavigne. He goes into detail regarding Spyderco's unique serrated edges.

Have not seen/heard of the Catcherman, wicked looking. Did not know the Temperance was available SE, never seen one up for sale yet. I actually thought I had seen all of the Spyderco Models, I was so wrong, there must be about a million. Thanks for reply.

Rescue in Vg10, 1 of my favourites, still gets lots of use:D I find the SE very handy.
9HDIXe.jpg

ALn0Nz.jpg

Would take too long to photograph and post pics of the fullly serrrated Spydercos that I own but among them are the:

Autonomy 1 (C165GSBBK)
Byrd Hawkbill (BY22SBK)
Calypso Micarta (C54BMS)
D'Allara Gen 1 Rescue (C82SBK)
Endura Gen 1 Clipit (C10SBK)
JD Smith (C58BMS)
Jumpmaster 1 & 2 (FB24BK & FB24SBK2)
Merlin Gen 1 Clipit (C21S)
Police Gen 2 S/S (C07S)
Renegade (C23S)
Rescue Gen 1 Clipit (C14BK)

This represents about 10% of my Spyderco collection. You can easily find photos of them using the model #'s in a Google search.

The Police and Renegade are part of 3 knife sets (PE, PS & SE) and the Calysco and JD Smith are part of 2 knife sets (PE & SE). I also have a few PS bladed knives, including a Catcherman, Goddard and Wegner, but did not include them because I assumed they didn't count in this discussion.

You'll also note that most of the fully serrrated knives that I own are "vintage" knives that I collected mainly for completeness and not because I particularly cared to collect or use them. All other Spydercos that I own are plain edged.

As for the modern knives, I bought the Autonomy 1 only because I wanted to pair it w/the satin PE Autonomy 2 that I already had and will probably buy the new DLC serrated Automony 2 to pair more closely w/the Autonomy 1.

The Jumpmasters I bought because I think strapping them around my leg in the optional sheath is just cool and because they would probably be my go-to knives if I did any fishing or hunting to use in cleaning fish and gutttng/segmenting game.

The Byrd Hawbill I bought only because I wanted to match it w/my vintage Merlin which I bought to compare a Merlin/Endura Gen 1 pairing with a Byrd Hawkbill/Cara Cara 2 pairing.

Had a PE and SE black Salt but sold them because I didn't want/need them anymore as part of my collection.

Last edited:
Honestly I rarely carry plain edge spydercos anymore after seeing what these serrations can do. I love em.

Harpy
MRK6iq9.jpg

Endura 4
kZe2sjk.jpg

Spyderhawk
mhpdoRS.jpg

Shaman (what a beast this is in SE)
18IdK76.jpg

Pacific salt
yRy4140.jpg

Para 3- highly underrated in SE
paUbq2r.jpg

Police
3reBWFb.jpg

Have not seen/heard of the Catcherman, wicked looking. Did not know the Temperance was available SE, never seen one up for sale yet. I actually thought I had seen all of the Spyderco Models, I was so wrong, there must be about a million. Thanks for reply.
Well I own the AUS-8 full SE Catcherman and I also own both variants of the TEMPERANCE 1 model ( 2005 era). I own and use all of these I've mentioned. And as good as the TEMP 1 is in SE and PE I'm surprised that they never made other conventional type fixed blades in SE. Because if you ever get to use one you'll see why.

There are a lot of great SE models that were sold on the main line up from 1999 to 2006 that you just don't see for sale or trade very often. I'm glad I kept some of them.

I hope this thread is successful in getting Spyderco to do more of their models in SE & PE both. I miss the days of so many models that were also offered in SE.

Just got this extremely early SE Military. Made in 1996; I'm pretty sure. I was three years old.

-2 screw clip
-dino jimping on the choil which was only on the earliest ones (right?)
-plastic washers (thinner than paper)
-no liner on show side (4 ounces)
-lock bar seems thinner vs the newer mils

440v-mil.jpg

Back