Would you buy a larger 110?

el gigantor

Gold Member
I'll preface this by saying I fully understand how important the 110 is to the industry and knife buyers in general. I know the history and I have respect for the model and it's provenance. That said...

According to a few retailers the Buck 110 is 8.5 inches long when open. I am a giant with enormous hands. Despite the knife having decent ergos, I need about another inch of real estate overall. Please keep in mind this is solely for discussion's sake; I am not suggesting Buck should change anything. I also realize I'm the only gigantor here.

Regardless, would you at least be interested in an XXL 110 Hunter?

maybe. need more details on your thoughts on it.

so both blade and handle another inch or just handle another inch and blade stays at 3.75" or......

Damn! Sorry I should have been a bit more clear. I meant an extra inch overall, so let's say a 4 inch blade and .75 inches added to the handle grip area.
gotcha. I like the idear. I'd be open for one. unless it cost a whole lot more.

i don't need the length as I have little girl sized hands, but wouldn't mind some more blade length in a 110 package.

With a 4" blade the 446 Goliath mentioned by H HolyRoller above was Bucks largest folding knife (excluding fillets).
I have a very large hand running 2X/3X and find the 110 a nice fit. Any larger and I would be thinking about a fixed blade.
Not directly the point of the discussion but wonder about carry size limits in some jurisdictions.

446-goliath-120912-1-jpg.2088139

Since you asked. 🤔
Pass. 🫣
John 😁
Fair enough! I realize how sacrilegious my question is but still had to ask it!
Sounds like you want Buck to reissue the Goliath, but updated.

Wink wink.
Nudge nudge.
Oh wow! I had no idea that model existed. It's PERFECT! Wood handle and Magnacut blade please! :)
With a 4" blade the 446 Goliath mentioned by H HolyRoller above was Bucks largest folding knife (excluding fillets).
I have a very large hand running 2X/3X and find the 110 a nice fit. Any larger and I would be thinking about a fixed blade.
Not directly the point of the discussion but wonder about carry size limits in some jurisdictions.

446-goliath-120912-1-jpg.2088139
Yep. I'm in love. Thanks for posting that. It's amazing!

I find the concept of a larger 110 interesting.

Would the brass frame be limiting there? Is it rigid enough to extend an inch or so? Could get real heavy though so may want a different frame material........

Interesting.

I had one of those Goliaths a while back. I never knew what the name was, but it was a nice big knife. Lost it somewhere.

Hell I’d like to have a foot long 110. But not with brass - that thing would be a boat anchor.
Let's shoot for the moon - Titanium bolsters and frame! Since I'm dreaming, might as well dream big.

So like a buck version of opinel 13.

I often carry a 112 so when I put a 110 in my pocket it seems huge.

I could see 110 but with a stilleto style blade. Stretch out whats there and it wouldn't get heavier.

317 and other folding hunter slipjoints had a 4plus inch blade dont they. basically a 317 sized 110 single lockback blade......

shouldn't be any much heavier or bulkier than a 317 really....

Back