Would you buy this?

Well here it goes. I know you can google monkey fist lanyard and just about every swingin dick makes them but I am wondering if it is worth it. I have made a few of these for some friends and family as gifts. I am making 1 1/4" monkey fist lanyards. They are weighted inside to hang out of pocket and "could" be useful for self defense if need be. Would anyone here ever consider buying one? I would sell them for 12 bucks including shipping CONUS. I have never made anything to sell ever and I am just putting my feelers out there to the honest Hortonites first. Be honest please. Thanks guys.
5665084489_cb251315dd_z.jpg

How would they attach to a lanyard hole on say a folding knife? Would there be a loop on the end?

My honest answer...the only way I would buy something like that from someone is if I know the person and I wanted to support them.

As far as well made. Looks. Good. If a man were wanting such a thing. Looks like it would fit the bill man. Hood job

I would suggest adding an original twist. Something all your own. Heard about someone else who sells double ones that look conspicuously anatomical. I'm not into that, but I'm sure it distinguishes his product from others. Other thoughts would be using strong magnets for the BB to aid in finding and picking things up, etc.

Brainstorm the hell out of it, and don't just delete ideas that would seem useless to you and me, like say, a cheap compass built into the lanyard. To me it seems like something that would get busted with rough use, but some might like it. Write down a hundred ideas, then pick your top ten or so and pester your friends and neighbors to see what they think.

If you like doing it, it's nice to be able to make some cash.

I wouldn't buy one, looks good though... just keeping it real.

Good feedback so far. And in not even 30 minutes! This would fit on a knife handle if the lanyard hole was around 1/4" diameter. That is a little large but there is a double loop on the end which makes up the design of the lanyard. I have made all of these so far by recycling old mice from computers. I have taken the track ball out and used those for the weight. I have not really done any research on this design other than seeing people use bearings inside which is the regular method. Thanks guys for the comments so far.

I probably wouldn't buy it, ob1korobi. I'm not into lanyards much. However, it looks good. Just not my cup of tea. Add the intl' shipping and Czech purchase power... or, purchase weakness, to be more exact :(

I would buy one for my wife's keychain. I think she would appreciate a nice $12 dollar "anniversary gift" that she could use to fend off an attacker or a crackhead in the ER she works at.

Just made another one since I have been so slow at work. This is my original twist since I have found none that look like this. I would probably make this a little shorter next one around. It is very rigid too and stands up straight
5666595176_9504d8c5b2_z.jpg

HA! Not sure who's nuts you have been looking at. Hopefully not your own. I like that though. Call it the USA UnsackedAttack

Not your own or anyone Else's I meant. Had to edit that.

Just keep it up mang....you might get some thing out of it........last one looks good, have to say.
For self defense....I use a Horton man...sorry.

I love impact devices (Foster Brothers Blackjacks) but I don't believe a mouse ball would be heavy enough to incapacitate someone.

The mouse ball is a steel ball bearing coated in rubber. the ball weighs a little over 1oz and when wrapped is around 1 1/4 diameter. It would definitely make an impression. I need to go out into the wood shop and dent some 2x4s.

Back