1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Would you guys watch a regular BladeForums live stream?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Spark, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    This came up during tonight's livestream for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways so I figured I'd bring it to y'all

Would you guys watch a livestream where I talk about various topics in the knife industry and such? When would be best?

EDIT: Right now I'm broadcasting from 5-6ish eastern on Sundays on Youtube. After the stream is done, it's available for later use. I'm not sure what it'd take for an insta or facebook live stream - youtube seems to work for me.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  2. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    Of course many of us would watch - perhaps on the weekend after supper time, say around 9pm or something, either that or in the afternoon around 3pm

The only real issue is coordinating the east and west coast for a good time for both

3. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    I would if I knew how. I'm pc illiterate.

DocJD and Night Rider like this.
  4. dalefuller

dalefuller Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2005
    I'd be interested if the timing was right for the east coast.

5. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    It would depend on the content; but, yes I could see myself watching a weekly broadcast.

n2s

6. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Yep. I watch 2 hours of knife reviews a day anyway.

115Italian likes this.
  7. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Sure - those are fun!

best

mqqn

8. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    You could look into podcasting it - and have it perma-stickied in this forum
    I expect that would result in a high % of forum members watching it always.

9. sharpguytoo

sharpguytoo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2006
    I dont post much and as such feel bad about entering a give-away. I mostly just learn from others, so yeah I'd watch.

10. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    Yes I would and 9:00 pm easts coast should be a good time for the west coast being 3 hours behind or 12:01 pm so I can watch it at lunch in my truck with the heat on ;):thumbsup:

11. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    This is a good idea. One of the problems I've had with many live stream things is it either doesn't work with my family schedule or it's too long for my short attention span. I listen to a lot of podcasts during my daily commute or when I'm working on mundane projects like painting rooms in the house.

I think if you kept the live stream short, I would be more interested. 30 minutes max.

12. Kreyzhorse

Kreyzhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Probably not.

13. lex2006

lex2006 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2014
    I would for sure, it is great the way we can participate and comment on the side bar thing,
    I think it would get more interaction on a bit more personal level between the members here.

14. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    absolutely

15. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    It would be worth trying it and seeing how it does.

A few key talking points following a format of sorts. Maybe a guest via livestream or two.

Some potential talking points:

New models
    Steel news and innovations
    Highlight a maker
    Upcoming knife technologies
    Political topics pertaining to the industry
    Highlight a BF member
    Submit a pic of the week/month by BF member

Good luck with whatever you decide!

sliceofaloha likes this.
  16. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    I could see myself watching. Sunday afternoons would be ideal. Usually not much going on.

17. miltmaldo

miltmaldo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2012
    sure

18. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2016
    If the timing is right, sure.

19. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Live stream? Probably not. Recorded so I could watch at my convenience? Yes.

20. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    I’m a huge knife nerd. I’d watch it if the content was interesting. No question.