Would you help some Boy Scouts???

Danelle---
Hello form Middle Tennesse... I am involved with a Boy Scout Troop here and some of the boys are unable to afford some of the nescessary "Boy Scout things." Many of the parents are willing to help with the uniform issue, and the sponsor Church helps with some of the summer camp costs, but not many people are willing to step up and buy a boy a knife. Victorinox recently donated a number of their new compasses and we are kind of "testing" them for Victorinox. We are needing some people individuals/manufacturers to help us out if they can.
The boys need a 3" or smaller folding lock blade. We currently have 45 boys active and who would love being "guinnea pigs" for any newer ideas or possibly the "water shed" for any older ideas that may not be real popular any more. We would appreciate any help that you could be in this manner. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Tax ID numbers and letters of donation of course would be available.

Sincerely--
David P. Sproles
Eagle Scout Class of 1988
sproles@email.com and/or
dpsproles@webbsrefreshments.com

Sproles~

You know I have a soft spot for scouts...I don't have any control over the promotions, however. I will print your request and pass it along to those who do.

Danelle

You're a softie Girl! But we love ya! Dave post an address to send these knives to. See the growing post in General Discussions...

------------------
"A conclusion is where you stopped thinking..."

If Spyderco is not able to help, I have a less expensive lockback that fits your specifications. I only have one but will gladly donate to your troop. I have two boys--both Eagle Scouts. I only got to Life but think I earned an Eagle as the father, and principle motivator, of two boys.

Bruce Woodbury

WOW---
What a great response so far!!! I appreciate the interest in helping Scouting.

You can send them to me at my office:

David Sproles
c/o Webb's Refreshments
141 MTCS Drive
Murfreesboro, TN 37129

(w) 615-893-2749

Please accept the gratitude form the leaders and boys of BSA Troop 389.

------------------
David P Sproles
Eagle Scout Class of 1988
sproles@email.com or
dpsproles@webbsrefreshments.com

Back