WOW, Emerson!!!!

killerskill

Banned
I just opend my Super CQC-7 wave satin. WOW!!.It's the sharpest thing I've ever toutched I think. It's so sharp when I do a shave arm hair test it'll take a thin layer of skin off if I touch my arm. It sends free standing arm hair flying. I have lots of good knives Like,Spyderco Manix ,BM 710, grip, Osbourne,waved Endura. Camillus CQB-1 ect.... This knife really stands out.The wave works perfectly. It will wave in my back pocket and I.W.B. too.It's my first Emerson.Bank vault lock up, no play at all. Though the liner dosen't seem too super thick, but I'm not really used to liner locks. This is really tight. I did spine wack tests with a magazine on my dresser. I hit it VERY HARD,trying to disengage, 5 times in a row, 3 times and it held tight. I totally understand the chisel grind now too. I feel like I just joined a Cult with this knife. 2 things though, it's way lighter than I thought. I don't know if thats good or bad.I guess good cuz it's super fast in the hand. And the satin finish is weird. I think satin finish would be like an Endura or camillus CQB-1, just smooth stainless, you know, But this has like a weird beadblast coating like a shell kinda. It still looks cool though. I don't think it will scratch this way, and no glare for my covert de-animation ops . But all said, this knife is definatly special. I think I'm going to stick with Emerson for floding SD knives.Thanks Ernie for making such a BAD ASS KNIFE

EKI's satin is actually a beadblast finish. Glad you like the Super 7. Now you should try the zero grinds....hehe.

This was exactly how I felt when I got my first Emerson, the Mini CQC-7. The only difference is, to my eye the titanium locking liner is THICK, like approximately .06" or so. Generally I don't like liner locks but the way I look at it is, there are liner locks and then there are Emersons.

Congratuations on discovering what I recently discovered, i.e. how awesome this maker is.

This was exactly how I felt when I got my first Emerson, the Mini CQC-7. The only difference is, to my eye the titanium locking liner is THICK, like approximately .06" or so. Generally I don't like liner locks but the way I look at it is, there are liner locks and then there are Emersons.

Congratuations on discovering what I recently discovered, i.e. how awesome this maker is.

just wait until you get the chance to meet the man himself. now thats a treat!!!

As far as I know yes it is a hard chrome coating, the older knives like my 2000 B blade Specwar are the bead blast if I remember correctly. Welcome to the madness my friend, Ernies knives are one of the best out there and a good deal to boot if you factor in all the work that goes into even his production models.

The satin finish is silver ceramic coating. The hard chrome is no longer produced. EKI has never had a beadblast finish. They did, however do a run of chromium nitride that closely resembled a beadblast finish:)

Back