1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Wrong hole

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Macan, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Macan

Macan

Apr 7, 2014
    My sight is not so good last years and I still dont wear glasses so this what happen. I wil try to fix with glue somehow and then put some wax on.
    What do you do if you make something like this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gadsden

Gadsden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Good question, I would like to here from the pros on this one. Because I have done this myself.

3. sheathmaker

sheathmaker Custom Leather Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2005
    Don't worry about the errant hole until you have stitched the sheath. Then wet that area and massage the hole with your fingers. It will get a lot smaller and less noticeable and maybe almost disappear. It will even continue to close up more with time and use.

Paul

4. Macan

Macan

Apr 7, 2014
    Thank you many times:)

5. Omega Leather Works

Omega Leather Works

Jun 13, 2007
    Yup, don't fret too much. I've used a groover to make a decorative line to swallow up the errant hole, but it's not really necessary. As Paul said, the hole will mostly go away with a little massaging. :)

6. zack1421

zack1421

Dec 27, 2014
    haha i think most people have encountered the wrong hole once or twice in there life time jk jk could not resist