1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

WSK - version 2 - with leather!

Discussion in 'Koster Knives' started by Daniel Koster, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Ok, guys...I have finished all the "First Run" WSKs.....what a task!!!

And am now shipping version 2 - with Upgrades!!!

First, some pics...including the new sheath (leather only, no kydex for now).

Have a look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sheath is available for $75. :thumbup:

Standard pricing for this WSK is $255 (micarta). As shown with blue/black G10 is $260.

I have about a dozen of these....half of which are already sold (orders)....

And after this....that's it! If you want in on this second run, better make it known now. I won't be doing any WSKs for probably 6-7 months (hopefully have some ready for the Blade show...but not 100% certain...could be as long away as a year from now).

Changes in this version?

Yes....but just a couple. I "rounded out" the top spine near the tip and lengthened the sawback. :thumbup:

Still the same great WSK at a great price.

Others are asking $600!!!

Mine is Half the price...but (imho), double what you get for it. 2 inches longer, yet lighter, better balanced, a usable sawback, a finger-ring for rock-solid retention, and a kukri-type design for better chopping. :thumbup:

If you're interested, just shoot me an email or add an order to my Order Tracker. (for either the knife or the sheath)

Thanks for looking!

Dan

2. cool_hand_luke

cool_hand_luke

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Dan,

So, am I to take it that the 'price break' WSK and Lil Brother you mentioned here is 6 months to a year out?

I really want your new style 'price break' WSKs, and am just trying to clarify the timeline.

Andy

3. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Yes...those are "down the pipeline" a ways...

4. cool_hand_luke

cool_hand_luke

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks Dan.

Andy

5. mmmotorcycle

mmmotorcycle Midnight Joker #42

Jun 17, 2006
    Looks awesome as always Dan! Bring on the 195$ version!

6. raythebigfoot

raythebigfoot

Sep 12, 2007
    Dan, being that I have collected knives for some time now you would think I should know the answer to this question, but I don't. So besides the cool look of the WSK what are the specific uses that it is made for? From the definitive shape and grinds I am guessing it had to be specifically made for certain purposes besides just looking neat. Thanks!

7. rooikat

rooikat

Jun 17, 2004
    That handle is awesome!

8. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
  9. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I agree with your assessment of your knife vs theirs, btw.

10. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks, bro! :thumbup:

11. mik0524

mik0524

Dec 17, 2006
    E-mail sent

12. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    email received and replied. Thanks! :thumbup:

13. mik0524

mik0524

Dec 17, 2006
    Order placed.
    Thanks Dan, can't wait!!!