WTD Belt Grinder

I am on the lookout for a belt grinder. I need a belt grinder!
New or used, but working. 1' - 2' belt width by 42' or 72' length. Anybody got one that's just lying around? Or if anybody can help me track one down I would really appreciate it. I have checked Grizzley, and have catalogs from kovals and k&G and texas- looking to buy from an indvidual or online auction ect...
Thanks
chuck

------------------
A Knife is no more than an Iron Tooth

Hi striper28, in the June issue of Blade in the classified section on page 105 in the KNIFEMAKING EQUIPMENT area there is a Bader Model BM2 with a 2HP motor,220 volts.1,5,10 in. serrated wheels, fork arm & platen & workrest, 30 misc 3M belts Inc, like new, hardly used, $875. Call 914-769-6664, Barry.
You might want to check this out good luck, Chris.
www.toptexknives.com

------------------

I might have a cheaper answer for you. How about making your own grinder for under $500 plus your labor of course??? I'm not much on giving out plugs BUT.....I got a very interesting brochure in the mail today from an outfit called Meta-Machines. In it they show a very nicely made belt grinder and a heat treat furnace. Nothing special about that except they aren't selling the machines they're selling the plans (blueprints) and parts sources for the machines. they sell some of the tough to make parts, contact wheels, digital controller (a User Programmable PID Temperature Controller!!!!) for the furnace. You might want to check these guys out. No website - their address is: Meta Machines P.O. Box 2037 Whitefish, MT 59937. Their phone is 406-862-4868. Give them a call. BTW:I swear I'm not part of this company. just liked there approach.

Hey, Chuck, I just saw a belt grinder for sale on rec.knives, along with a couple forges. The grinder is a Bader BM-2 and the description from the ad is as follows:
8" serrated contact wheel, 9" platen, fork arm with one 3/4" wheel, and a 2HP motor. Guy is asking $850, with "price possibly negotiable". He wanted phone inquiries, so I got that info too:
Jimmy Prevost
303-659-9343
I am not affiliated with the deal in any way...
Steve A.

Back