WW1 knife?

2kZcyEV
Brand new to the forum and trying to track down info on this knife. It was found in my grandfather’s box of WW1 things but of course it doesn’t make it WW1 era based on its location. The blade is marked: CAA. The text is in French and roughly translates to “knife of the allied army.” Most of us would call it a “Swiss Army knife” type. I can’t seem to be able to post a picture on here but would love to show people what I’m trying to identity. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. You can use a photo hosting service like Imgur to host your images and link them to your post.

n2s

The only thing special about the knife, is the mystery around it. I posted some new pics that have a series of numbers on the tip of the knife but I can make them out. I’m gonna see if I can’t take it to a knife expert beee in town I guess. I’ll keep you guys posted

I saw one like it, but said "honor and glory" in French on the handle. I don't really have any more info on it.

Hello! Your knife was made by a certain Chaput in Thiers, France. The marking " COTEAU DES ARMEES ALLIES " was " déposé " or registered 24 november 1914. I have found a Tixier Chaput and a Veuve ( widow ) Chaput, cutlers in Thiers. Maybe mr. Chaput passed away and his widow took over the mamagement ? Have fun on Google ! Greetings from Switzerland, Michel Droz.

Michel,
Thank you so much for responding. I greatly appreciate it. I will try to do some research on the chap it family. To at least know who made it is a victory for me. Thanks again!
Samantha

I saw it too after he said it. I got a chuckle out of it.

A stone that size would be awesome for swords.

Back