X-42 Recondo and Auto Clip

Ron:

I realize your latest snapshot ads in the trades were teasers to guys like me. Kind of like whetting the appetites! I've checked with a number of your dealers that indicate they have no idea when you are going to send these out to them for retail. So I'll ask the question that seemingly they seem too meek to ask--When are you going to ship these to the dealers? There has been some private discussion that we (as consumers) may not see the recommeded Mfg retail prices you have posted in some of your ads, but will see higher prices? Can you help us out with clarifications? Thanks

------------------
Lead,follow, or get the hell out of the way!

Hi Tangus,

Thanks for the questions.

Release dates are not firm, but the X-42 AutoClip should start shipping around the first of July and the X-42 Recondo should ship maybe around mid July. These are the initial shipments. It may take several months from those dates to fill existing orders.

Regarding pricing: SOG sets MSRP and sells to dealers at wholesale (there is no secret here). We allow dealers to set their own price. Some will sell below MSRP, others will sell above. As a rule of thumb, most dealers will sell at or below MSRP. The only cases I'm aware of where a dealer has set their price above is where they are a small store with lots of financial overhead and needs a greater profit margin, or when a product is deemed "rare and desirable" and a dealer can get away with a high selling price.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can offer clarification.

Ron@SOG

------------------
Email: ron@sogknives.com

Now that is answering a question directly to the point! Thanks Ron, I'll be looking to purchase one of each for my collection!

------------------

hey, are these out yet?

------------------

Back