X-Ray or Pentagon?

I'm ready to make a purcase of a new folder. Of all the makers only SOG seemed to have what I wanted without too much (unnecessary bulk IMHO)

It will be used as an EDC to compliment the Wave that I carry.

It must be tough! I expect a lot of my tools and have mercilessly used the Wave (even as a lever to break a padlock, nary a scratch too) and it keeps performing, thats why its still on my belt after 3 years. However, there is nothing like the feel of a good folder in your mitt and to tell the truth I'm having withdrawl symptoms :)

Your comments for and against would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Bob

If you want to pry at all I'd get a Tomcat. It is a BIG folder and you would have to carry it in a pouch on your belt. It is going to be much stronger and more durable than almost any other folder out there!

Yup, the Tomcat would be a great choice (a very stout knife!). Maybe something in the Vision or Pentagon Elite series.

Yup, the Tomcat would be a great choice (a very stout knife!). Maybe something in the Vision or Pentagon Elite series.

I have both (well... Tomcat appears to be AWOL in USPS...:( ) for an EDC, I'd recommend the Vision, if you like the Tanto point. That is a NICE knife. It's so nice, I have it twice!!!:D

rob5.jpg

Couldn't resist... sorry...:cool:

Thanks for the prize knife Ron! When I get hold of a digicam again, I'll take a pic.

Is that Tanto a double or single drind? I personally hate the single thats what put me right off the Benchmade when it came out around 3 yrs ago, thought I had found my dream knife. I bought a Sentinel instead but never usedit for much. I want a semi serrated so the above fits teh bill what other options are there?

On the big folder, nope! I like the knife but if it must be on a belt Im gonna look like Batman and his utility belt! :)

Keep the options coming :)

Bob

Originally posted by Uncle Bob
Is that Tanto a double or single grind? I personally hate the single thats what put me right off the Benchmade when it came out around 3 yrs ago, thought I had found my dream knife... :)
Bob

Yup, its a conventional grind and edge. I wasn't big on the BM 970 either, so I traded it. I'm not even a big Tanto fan, but I love these knives:cool:

I believe the Night Vision (G-10) is discontinued, but the Ti is still available...?
Rob

Damn you guys!

I might just have to buy a few of them

That Tomcat grows on me more and more, I might be able to live without the clip ;)

Ron, is that Vision with the black scales still available?

Bob

(I didnt tell you that I threw threw the Leatherman case away and the Wave sits in a SOG Speciality Knives nylon sheath, head and shoulders above the Leathermans :D )

Bob you could always have a machine shop add a clip to the Tomcat. I'm thinking of having this done to mine.

Hi Bob,
Originally posted by Uncle Bob
Ron, is that Vision with the black scales still available?
No, the Night Vision has been discontinued (though if you look hard enough, you likely can find one either in the new market or the used market (LNIB...like new in box).

We are selling the X-Ray Vision...almost the same knife, but with Zytel handles with a beadblasted blade.

Back