X42 field knife

hi Ron,

i've been lurking here for a while, and in fact used to post here under a different name (which i can't remember, so i can't use it to log back in... any way) and am the guy wih the seal 2000 that had the problem with the coating about a year ago... you offered to re finish the blade, and you were very helpful.

anyway, a year later and that seal 2000 is still my favourite hard use knife.

but i would really like one of those new X42 field knives. the only thing is, i would love one with a kydex sheath... can this be arranged?

also, do you have a release date for these in Australia? can't wait for one of these things, and my birthday's coming up... i may have to treat myself if they're available.

thanks in advance,

Ian Conn
:D

Hi Ian,

Great to hear from you again.

The Field Knife should be released sometime after the first of the year.

When I get a production model in my hand, I'll find out if an existing Kydex sheath (like the X-42 Recondo sheath) works for the Field Knife. I did try a prototype Field Knife in the Recondo sheath and it worked fine. I'll wait for the production model to know for sure.

hi Ron,

thanks mate... i'm only so anxious because the website says it's due out in your fall (our spring)... but i think i can wai untill next year.

thanks again

Conn

Ron, I noticed that the term "the SOG Blackworks" is being used on the wed site. I am also egerly awaiting the X-42 field knife. Keep up the good work.

Heber Ellsworth

Ahhh..."SOG Blackworks." :) A super secret department here at SOG. This is a term first used by Krizzard that we very, very loosely have used to refer to SOG's research and development endeavors. It is so secret that it is possible Spencer doesn't even know about it. ;)

Ron and others are only allowed to wear their SOG BLACKWORKS baseball caps on week-ends so that Spencer won't find out :)

Oh, we need to get some of those for loyal SOG forumites!!!:cool:

Ian,

I just wanted to let you know the SOG Seal is my favorite knife as well so I know where you are comming from! I've carried one for about 2 years now, diving in salt and fresh water with it and also as my field knife on our SWAT Team. It has held up like no other! BUT I couldnt resist buying a Recondo with the TiNi Coating. It is an awsome blade and I cant wait to get some use out of it. I'm keeping the SEAL as my standard dive knife but the Recondo will be with me on our next call-out. I'm very pleased with all aspects of the weapon so far and will let you know how it holds up. I've saw the Recondo field knife and if it's made anywhere near as good as the Recondo it will be great!

Danny

Why did you guys have to go and pull a nasty thing like bringing up that X42 Field knife again:p? I don't know if I can handle the wait much longer.:D

Ron, Please tell us we will see it at SHOT in a few weeks. PLEASE, please, I beg of thee.:)

Oh, we need to get some of those for loyal SOG forumites!!! :cool:

That would be cool!!!:cool:

Back