XL Walkabout Staff

Sure would like to see a staff sized Walkabout.

I have the octagonal Training Staff as well as the Blackthorn Staff. But they both feel kind of uncomfortable in the hand for any extended hiking and walking around town. But a staff sized Walkabout would be perfect with its round smooth contours.

Anybody else interested in something like this if Cold Steel made it available?

The problem with CS's poly sticks is the weight. I have the Ten Shin (just because) and really like it, but it's heavy. Back in the 90's, CS sold rattan canes and staffs. They were superb. I bought one of the extra thick crook top canes. It was light as a feather, but unbelievably strong. I put one of CS's steel ferrules on it with epoxy putty. I was in the border patrol back then and carried that cane on every trail, using it to beat back tree limbs, push down the top strands of barbed wire fences, and pull myself out of ravines by hooking the crook around small trees or roots. IMHO, that rattan is the best material of which a walking stick can be made!

One day, I broke my leg (fibula) falling into a small draw. I had no radio contact, so I had to walk out through a river vega to my vehicle. I had the CS cane in one hand and my beloved CS LTC khuk in the other. CS saved my bacon that day!

Back