XM-18 Gen 3 vs. 4 - My Impressions (PICS ADDED)

I really don't see how this is a significant problem

It's actually quite significant; maybe I did not make my point clearly. As the handle is being held and the blade ready to be opened, naturally, pressure is applied. With the lightest possible grip, the detent ball engages deeply and the knife is impossible to open via the thumb studs. Not being able to open the knife with one hand is a very significant issue.

Last edited:
It's actually quite significant; maybe I did not make my point clearly. As the handle is being held and the blade ready to be opened, naturally, pressure is applied. With the lightest possible grip, the detent ball engages deeply and the knife is impossible to open via the thumb studs. Not being able to open the knife with one hand is a very significant issue.

Just maybe the LBS is to tight. I over tighten mine and when I would close my blade I could feel The extra tension

Just maybe the LBS is to tight. I over tighten mine and when I would close my blade I could feel The extra tension

Thanks but unfortunately, that is not it as I tried. It is the case that the detent ball is getting "stuck" when the lock bar is pushed on. Anyone else experience this? Should I ship to RHK for repairs or is this the norn?

Just to close the loop, it does appear that the stickiness when the lock bar is depressed with the knife closed is getting better. Surprised it came that way since no one else has seen it. More of a break in than I expected but all is good. Thanks.

Back