XM-18 Round or Flat screws on Scale Side

I'm about to pick up an XM 3.5. It has the rounded screws, but I prefer the flat ones. Is it possible to changes these i.e. are the flat screws available for purchase (I assume so based on the sticky - how does one get pricing)?

Also are there any differences between the two models?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm about to pick up an XM 3.5. It has the rounded screws, but I prefer the flat ones. Is it possible to changes these i.e. are the flat screws available for purchase (I assume so based on the sticky - how does one get pricing)?

Also are there any differences between the two models?

Thanks!

Yes and no - they'll work fine. PM the moderator Rob, he can direct you. ;)

I switched out my round ones for flat ones I got from Rob. They were pretty inexpensive and came really quick!

It makes no difference as far as performance on the knife. The flat head screws are made in house and generally indicate a newer knife. However just like you are doing many have switched so it is not a sure thing on age. I like the look of the newer flat ones. I like that you can see machining marks and it is further evidence that a man made my knife.

Looks like these are only avail for the 3.5" XM? Also thinking of getting a CF scale, but do you need their special $75 tool to change it out? Or is it held on just by the torx?

Back