1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Y'all are killing me

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Brawny, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    Years ago, probably 15 or more, I bought my first Spyderco. It was a serrated Delica 3 i think as it had the screw type clip fixture. I liked it, treated it like a red headed step child, and was discouraged at how difficult (for me) it was to sharpen.
    That didn't dissuade me from buying another about 10 years ago when i thought i had lost the first one.
    Still not happy with the sharpening problem I didn't think much about them again until i found this forum last year.
    It started with a user PM2 I got here at a screaming deal. Last week I bought a Delica 4 straight edge and a Domino here, both at good deals.
    Now i find myself refreshing the marketplace for new deals on Spydercos all the time. I'll admit, I hardly even click on a for sale thread unless there is a big S in the title somewhere.
    Thanks guys, my wallet hates you.

Cliffs: I love Spydercos.

2. 5-by-5

5-by-5

Oct 13, 2016
    This can last for years. The exchange is addictive 99% Spyderco for me too.

Brawny and uxo2 like this.
  3. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    I sometimes feel the same ;)
    I have been happy for years with just a SAK and now I am lurking at some shirogorov with a CRK in my pocket ;)

By the way, just like you I also like my Spydercos :)

Lapedog and Brawny like this.
  4. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    My favorite work knives are mostly Spydercos. Barring knives I have modded to make them into actual useful knives, ALL of my favorite work knives are Spydercos.

Para2 in M4 . . . life would simply not be worth living without this one.
    Today I noticed a bit of light reflected on the apex at the belly of my Endura 4 in ZDP-189. Two stones later it was a very spritely hair whittling edge again. (I admit to going on from there with a bit more polishing just because).
    the ZDP said : Bur ? ? ? what's a bur ? ? ?
    I honestly never saw a bur. I got up just onto the edge using my Edge Pro Apex and the rest took care of it's self.
    The Endura 4 in ZDP-189 is such a cool user (with a little care and discretion).
    I could keep gushing on but that's enough.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Lapedog and Brawny like this.
  5. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    There's always the next model or version you need:):) I too look often.
    Mitch

Brawny likes this.
  6. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    I got a Delica in yesterday from Mrsuperblue. Just put a razor's edge on it. Oh man, I'm in love . . .
    The Domino will be in tomorrow. How will I be able to divide time between it and my 10 month old when i get in from work?

Lapedog likes this.
  7. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    @Brawny i urge you to try a military. It is one of the best designs of all time. Lots of great steel choices have been made and the best (IMO) ergonomics in a large knife i have experienced. :thumbsup:

Brawny likes this.
  8. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    The Military is truly outstanding !

Brawny likes this.
  9. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Brawny,

Thanx much for the interest and support. Might be time to look into our Sharpmaker?

sal

Brawny and jbmonkey like this.
  10. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    Yes sir, I have. It really does a good job putting an edge on my knives. I just sold my Work Sharp because i just don't need it and didn't like it nearly as much, mainly the part about blunting the tip. I know that can be fixed with practice, but the Sharpmaker works, even for guys like me. I need to get some diamond stones though to get some of my older knives back to useable condition.

kniferbro likes this.
  11. Brawny

Brawny

Aug 6, 2018
    I got my Domino last night and fiddled with it some this morning. It's a wonderful knife, but the Delica is the perfect edc for me.
    Just expensive enough for me not to beat it to death and not so expensive that I'd be sick (at least for long) if i lost it.

12. bruno_go

bruno_go

May 19, 2015
    Some days ago I started to think that the Endura Wave is the best pocket knife that exists...
    Till now I didnt change my mind.