Yangdu's Christmas Specials for 12/13 --Some real winners at cut rate prices.

12-13-04deals.JPG

l to r

20 inch 29 ounce Jungee by Bura. Yangdu said this was a Christmas deal (gift) and is letting it go for $95 UBBB+

17.5 inch two pound "Sgt. Karka Special. Chandan wood handle. Stellar work by the old Sgt. $125 and another UBBB+

16.5 inch 22 ounce WWII village style by Kumar. I love these villagers. $65 delivered to your door and you can't do much better than this.

15.5 inch 22 ounce village style AK by Sgt. Karka. Great effort. $60 UBBB

14 inch 15 ounce Seax by Kumar. 5 min rust removal. Rare and beautiful "hill walnut" handle. Fine deal at $50. UBBB++

12 inch 12 ounce Kothimoda style by Sgt. Karka. Fine work. $55 UBBB

9 inch 6 ounce Bilton by Sgt. Karka. Beautiful job and a great stocking stuffer for $29 UBBB

Email to get any or all of today's winners. Got a couple of collector quality here, boys, so hurry along.

Hi Yangdhu & Bill,

Email sent for 14 inch 15 ounce Seax by Kumar. 5 min rust removal. Rare and beautiful "hill walnut" handle. Fine deal at $50. UBBB++

Best regards.

emailed about the bilton, X-mas present.

Somebody grab the seax. I have its twin and its awesome.

Overture said:
Emailed about the WWII and Kothimoda.

Good for you Overture! 5 - 6 minutes response time. Right up there with the daily sharks!

I have a bunch of khuks and I would have liked to have snagged that WWII Villager. Very nice! And that Kothimoda is $20 off from a few weeks ago.

Good work. :D

Regards,

Norm

hollowdweller said:
Email sent on the Sgt. Karka Special. That's about the perfect size shape and weight!! :eek:

I just received it's slightly bigger brother, a "Chandra Samsher" model by the Sgt., at 20" and 40 oz., from the 12/7 specials. It is massive but swings like a much lighter blade and feels great in the hand. This is a perfect complement to it and I agree a better all around size. Nice grab!

Regards,

Norm

Svashtar said:
Good for you Overture! 5 - 6 minutes response time. Right up there with the daily sharks!

I have a bunch of khuks and I would have liked to have snagged that WWII Villager. Very nice! And that Kothimoda is $20 off from a few weeks ago.

Good work. :D

Regards,

Norm

Hehe, thanks Norm.

Was a hard decision between the WWII and Sgt. AK. I really like the ascetics on the AK's more, but the WWII seems more versatile and a great first Khuk. Because these deals are awesome, I was able to afford 2 for the price of 1 basically so I grabbed the Koth as well. They look like 2 great blades, and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

All nice, but that Sgt. Kharka Special... Good luck, Hollowdweller. Perfect size, weight, looks like Foxy Folly but with nice Chainpuri-type flare at handle... M-43-like sweep. The Sgt. makes nice stuff, a little unconventional- reinvents the classic khuk. 17.5", 24 oz.... low cho... nickle silver.... NICE wood.

Both obvious observations & appreciation of beauty & style in functional art.

AA

46 Bladesharks in the tank earlier... high number! The khuks didn't have a chance...

Svashtar said:
I just received it's slightly bigger brother, a "Chandra Samsher" model by the Sgt., at 20" and 40 oz., from the 12/7 specials. It is massive but swings like a much lighter blade and feels great in the hand. This is a perfect complement to it and I agree a better all around size. Nice grab!

Regards,

Norm

I haven't heard if I got it yet but the size and shape are very similar to my #1 favorite khuk my GK Bonecutter. I hope I snagged it. I just got an email from Yangdu asking "Which one" I wrote back but maybe I should have said #2 instead of SGT Karka Special :)

Nasty

Chief Cook & Bottle Wash
I emailed on the Bilton earlier...got pulled away from the computer as soon as I hit send.

I was hoping you would see that WWII Overture :D

And so it begins, now you've got two khuks ordered when you only expected one. It's a sickness, I tell you...

Well hell! I can't see the pic, just get the dreaded red X.:rolleyes: :grumpy:

I even tried copying the properties and pasting it into the URL window, still no luck!:grumpy:

Yeah, no cho creep, no habaki bolster, and even a shorter, slightly curved more old fashioned handle on the one I ordered! I can't wait to try it out! Plus I love that blade style. Fat but with a long relatively flat cutting area. :cool:

Yvsa said:
Well hell! I can't see the pic, just get the dreaded red X.:rolleyes: :grumpy:

I even tried copying the properties and pasting it into the URL window, still no luck!:grumpy:

You mean the Sgt. Karka "special" we were talking about? I'll email Uncle Bills pic to you...

Regards,

Norm

2 hours, 6 minutes. Combination of 7 special deals at once, and some sharks getting gorged on other Christmas deals...