11-20-04-1.JPG

11-20-04-2.JPG

11-20-04-3.JPG

11-20-04-4.JPG

11-20-04-5.JPG

11-20-04-6.JPG

11-20-04-7.JPG

l to r

Beaurifully done 36 inch 39 ounce Katana by Bura. Beautiful chandan handle. $275

21 inch 35 ounce Ganga Ram by Bura. Sandalwood handle. $145

15.5 inch 19 ounce Silver mounted AK by Kumar. 2 minutes rust removal. $99

12.5 inch 11 ounce Kothimoda Dhankuta. Come handle stag and horn. $65

9 inch 10 ounce Kerambit bu Kumar. Beautiful chandan handle. $95

9 inch 6 ounce Bilton by Sgt. Karka. Red velvet scabbardd. $35

9 inch 6 ounce Bilton by Sgt. Karka. $35

Last couple of pix don't show khukuri and scabbard together. Bad AM. Sorry.

email

email sent on 9 inch 6 ounce Bilton by Sgt. Karka. Red velvet scabbardd.

BlindedByTheLite said:
who wants to buy me that katana for Christmas? :D

Sheesh. I'm thinking of buying it for myself for Christmas...and I'm Jewish. :D

I can't make out all the detail of the handle but it looks very nice. The blade has very little curve; it's a preferance of mine. Had the scabbard been dressed up at all then I wouldn't have even hesitated -- it would've been mine. Had this been a blem handle or something, I would've grabbed it. That very slight degree of curve looks just about right to me.

If I didn't already have a sword on the way, I would've snatched this one right up. As it stands, I'll give it until tomorrow morning. If it doesn't move by then...well, I was planning on picking up a blem, but getting a nice one at a nice price is just fine too.

and might I say it's all ya'lls fault :D just kidd. Iwaited as long as I could and I guess it was just ment to be. It's mine I tell ya all mine hehehaaha :D

Blonds 1st. said:
and might I say it's all ya'lls fault :D just kidd. Iwaited as long as I could and I guess it was just ment to be. It's mine I tell ya all mine hehehaaha :D

Which is just as well; after thinking about this sword all last night and most of today, I decided that it's probably not quite what I want. The new plan is to eventually pick up one with no adornment and ask nicely for a straighter blade than is usual. I've been brushing up on my knowledge of tsuka-maki and was considering taking a crack at it on an HI katana. It ought to look pretty sharp (pun intended); it would be a shame to cover up some of Bura's artwork like that, though. Plain handle for me.

That, and I really ought to get some more time in on the bokken before I start swinging a live katana around.

Enjoy that sword.

HI Katana looks more like chinese mounted copies of japanese swords.Like in minge period and others. These can be of excelent quality, the blades are unrecognisable from katana, except that tang has usually more than one hole. The mounting of these swords and handle is the chinese, close to HI setup.
Nice swords anyway.

Back