Recommendation? Yaxell Sayaka. Is it a good knife ?

I have ordered the Yaxell Sayaka at a local retail but I consider cancelling the order because I didn't find any reviews of it. It is not a new model so it feels strange -maybe there are some issues with that model so they are not pushing it?
Does anyone have experience with this knife?
It looks legit, good steel, reputable brand - it is strange that there are no reviews of it anywhere.

I can get both the Tojiro DP gyuto 210mm gyuto and the Yaxell Sayaka 200mm gyuto at the same price point.
So I am considering ordering the Tojiro from abroad instead.
They are both made of VG10 core steel and chromium steel cladding.
The tojiro has a bolster and a full tang handle. the Yaxell has full metal design.
I don't mind the 1cm difference in length.
The Yaxell costs around 100 $ the tojiro is cheaper but including Import fees and deposit the price will be the same.
( I didn't find the Tojiro at a local retail and ordering it from amazon for example adds Import fees and deposit - around 20 $)
images.jpg
index.jpg

What is your opinion ? worth giving a try ?

Thanks,
Dan

I have the Tojiro DP and really like it. I just bought another Gyuto, the 240mm (not sure I will like the longer blade) from a YouTuber with his own "store". Haven't had a chance to use it yet, as i want to make a traditional saya for it first.

People have said good things about Yaxell.
I don't care much for full metal handles personally and I think having a full tang is greatly overrated.
One thing about Tojiro is that while they are good quality for the money, some can have minor flaws. I haven't found any that affect performance

If you go the way of the tojiro, consider a fujiwara fkm/fkc instead. The cheaper tojiros are a bit hit and miss on grind and fit and finish. I've got a petty which is great but a deba which looks like it was ground by a blind guy, low spots everywhere

I don’t know about that line from them, but I have a full set if yaxell mon’s and love them. They make a great knife at a very attractive price. I wouldn’t hesitate to try one out.

Back