Year Made Stamp....

So I bought a CQC-7 Mini from an authorized Emerson dealer near me that is listed on Emerson's site. It does not have a date stamp like every Emerson I have seen pics of and that I have on my CQC-8. They said they got this shipment direct from Emerson yesterday. Funny part is on the Emerson site, some have the stamp and some do not.

So school me on the year stamp.....

The year stamp was always one of the many "little things" I like about Emersons. Thats a shame. I assume the serial numbers will stay since I haven't heard otherwise?

The year stamp was always one of the many "little things" I like about Emersons. Thats a shame. I assume the serial numbers will stay since I haven't heard otherwise?

Same here. I always liked the year lasered into them. While it has nothing to do with function, it was still a cool thing. Sad to see it go.

Also would prefer if they would keep the date stamps. I don't see why they decided to do away with them. Its nice knowing what year your knife was manufactured in.

^^This I agree with. Maybe even just logo date and serial like they used to be. My ancient 2000 Mach 1 has that stamp and I love it. It's still bright white and very noticeable after 15 years of life.

I would like for them to keep the date. I think the patent # needs to go. Long string of numbers like that is unnecessary. If they really want it on the knife, perhaps put it on the other side of the blade.

I really hope ya'll rethink this. I just bought a 2005 Emerson Commander specifically, because of the date to give to my future Step Son once he is old enough to have a real knife. Probably when he turns 18. 2005 was the year he was born. I have a 2000 Commander for my Son when he turns 18 too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has bought an Emerson specifically for date it was made, be it a birth, graduation , promotion, or starting a new job.

I agree, really like the "born on" date. Especially nice when the knife is 10 or 15 years old!

--Larry

For the regular production knives I would have rather seen the SN removed and put the date there under the thumb disc.

But that is neither here nor there. I will buy the new ones irregardless.

Might as well chime in and say the date stamp is a favorite of mine as well. I buy knives with certain year dates to remind me of events.

Dates / Years are intwined in every part of our lives; even our knives. Hate to see this change.

Back