Years end review

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Phillip Patton, Dec 28, 2014.

1. gregorio

gregorio

Nov 9, 2007
    Thanks for taking the time to post, great work. I really like the saex

2. Shawn Hatcher

Shawn Hatcher

Nov 25, 2003
    That is an incredible array of work, Phillip! Bravo, sir. :)

I was lucky enough to score two of your knives on the secondary market this year and they have become some of my favorite knives (one of them is on my belt as I type this - a hidden-tang hunter in CPM1V with purpleheart handle).

3. DEllis

DEllis Part Time Steel Basher

Oct 17, 2007
    Nice work......that was a good year!
    I like some of the interesting Damascus patterns you have done.......twisted and laddered w's, butterfly w's.......cool stuff. Look forward to seeing what you come up with in 2015.
    Darcy:)

4. Tad Lynch

Tad Lynch

Nov 14, 2006
    Phillip,
    I love that recurved fighter you do! Great year of knife making.

Tad

5. 155440

Aug 7, 2012
    I agree, The W2/410 laminate chef knives are awesome. Your work is always super clean and aesthetically pleasing. I always enjoy looking at your knives, even with the drab backgrounds. :thumbup:

6. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    I'm really looking forward to owning a bronze sword! 'Specially one as trick as this :)

7. Mack

Mack Expert Ultracrepidarian Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I love this thread although it is really difficult to choose the knife I like best.

8. Phillip Patton

Phillip Patton KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 25, 2005
    Thanks everyone for your comments! I appreciate it.

I have another knife to add. I finished it today, but most of the work was done last year, so...

Haley, I looked at my coats and jackets, and they're all solid, dark, boring colors. But I did find this t-shirt. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's another kukri, obviously, but this time more along traditional lines. Except for materials.

9. Salem Straub

Salem Straub

Oct 20, 2008
    Ooh, now THAT is some great steel, grinding, and overall craftsmanship! Great year you had, Phillip.

10. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
    That 25,000 layered bowie is just beautiful as well as your FS knives. Hell their all really nicely made though. Congrats and here's hoping you have another great year of making these fine pieces.

11. FosterJ

FosterJ

Jun 12, 2014
    Impressive variety. Nice work.

12. yolbolsun

yolbolsun

Jun 5, 2009
    The 25,000 layer fighter and the Kukris are amazing but as a cook I absolutely love the paring knife. I bet it gets more use than any other blade.

13. Bob Leedy

Bob Leedy

Oct 12, 2008
    An impressive body of work. I suspect that Mr. Knight will be pleased to have provided inspiration for that beautifully rendered kukri. I also really like the camp knives, the chef's knives and, pradoxically, your mom's paring knife. Good luck in 2015.

14. parfums95

parfums95

Aug 24, 2008
    A very beautiful handmade Phillip , lot of knives , lot of beauty ,congrats ...
    [​IMG]