Yellow Rose

Palmetto1155

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
How may varieties of a single blade have been made with the yellow rose handle? I have a Mako and an 83, but don't remember seeing any others with a single blade................anyone else?

2009-2015 Single Blade Yellow Rose (that I know of)...

735109L
735109LHL
735109LHL (jigged bone)
735109ECLHL
235110EC
721110LP
651111EC
235113LRL
421114LB

YellowRose007_zpsuen2afzf.jpg

I just knew this was coming when I saw the original post. Great collection of yellow roses Al. I love that pic.
Regard, Al

Those certainly are pretty. The knife that was coming off GEC's line when my youngest was born is a Yellow Rose. The Cattle Baron variety. Black Mamba helped me secure a NIT specimen, and the boy loves to hold and look at it. Well, here is a pic.

Birthday%20Knives%201%201_zpshd82vjzl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for all the info guys!! Looks like I have my "work" cut out for me..... :) I only have TWO so far. I've picked up a Mako and an 83. My EDC is a 72 in a banana peel, which I pick up from a member here and love it. NICE collection AL!

Instead of starting a new thread on the topic, I figured I'd just add to this one. I'm curious about the backround on the yellow rose series. All of the threads I've found here just show examples and/or list the patterns that were done. The yellow rose page on the GEC site is blank. Doing a Google search I found there's a song called The Yellow Rose of Texas. Did marketing hear that and run with it as their inspiration?

Instead of starting a new thread on the topic, I figured I'd just add to this one. I'm curious about the backround on the yellow rose series. All of the threads I've found here just show examples and/or list the patterns that were done. The yellow rose page on the GEC site is blank. Doing a Google search I found there's a song called The Yellow Rose of Texas. Did marketing hear that and run with it as their inspiration?
I've always thought that was the case. The blade etch says "Yellow Rose" with an image of the state of Texas in the middle.

Howdy, Im 65 and as far bsck as I can remember, theres always been a "Yellow Rose of Texas". I may be wrong, but I think the term originated during the cowboy era of the old west, even before the song came on the scene.

You may find this a short interesting read on the subject.
https://aaregistry.org/story/the-yellow-rose-of-texas-a-history/

I hope the link works, Im pretty basic on 'puters.

Howdy, Im 65 and as far bsck as I can remember, theres always been a "Yellow Rose of Texas". I may be wrong, but I think the term originated during the cowboy era of the old west, even before the song came on the scene.
I am somewhat older than that and I can remember it way back , but the song actually was known before the Civil War at least as far back as 1853 . It is on the list as one of the Top 100 Country Western Songs .
Harry

I am somewhat older than that and I can remember it way back , but the song actually was known before the Civil War at least as far back as 1853 . It is on the list as one of the Top 100 Country Western Songs .
Harry
The link I posted (or tried to) gives a decent history of the lady the song is about. Her history and its relation to the name Yellow Rose of Texas starts out, according to the article, in 1830. Lady made a name for herself. Not too bad for an endentured slave.

Back