Yet another Mid-Tech Question

Burchtree

KnifeMaker & Moderator
I just bought a Mid-Tech Raven and it's currently enroute to my house. What is the difference in these semi-production knives and the custom Ravens? (besides the obvious)

Is everything the same, except it's not custom made?

Also, how does the "unconditional warrenty" work? I have a problem everytime I buy a good-looking custom, or semi-custom knife. I want to go use it and tear it up, but I don't want to worry about ruining a beautiful knife.

Thanks.

The difference between the Custom and the Mid Tech is how they are made. The custom version is all handmade in my shop and could be had ina variety of combinations such as different steel, hollow or flat ground, different handle material etc.

The Mid Tech version is laser cut, CNC machine flat ground and heat treated by Paul Bos. The handles are made on a CNC mill. There are only a couple options on the Mid-Tech version. All are S30-V steel.

The guarentee is quite simple, if you break or damage the knife I will repair, replace, or refund your money.

Hope that helps. :)

Sounds good. I don't think this one will sit in a case -- I'm going to use it. Hopefully, UPS makes a stop today so I can have it strapped to my side for the opener of deer season in the morning.

I look forward to getting it, you make some fantastic-looking knives.

Back