1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Yin Yang Sword - Photo Review

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by westfork, Nov 4, 2006.

1. westfork

westfork

Aug 27, 2003
    Yesterday we received the Yin Yang Sword purchased from a recent DOTD.
    -Brass inlaid sisau wood scabbard
    -Bone inlaid sisau wood handle
    The amount of craftsmanship that went into the sword and scabbard is amazing. Yangdu posted some good pictures of this piece but a little cleanup with some ballistol really allowed the beauty to shine through.

The handle is nice and large to allow a secure grip for my big hands. It balances very nicely and feels much lighter than its 28.8 ounces. The handle is 6.125" long, blade is just over 13", spine a full 3/8", overall length is 20.25". The blade is straight and true with no visible imperfections. The blade is in line with the long axis of the handle but does have a bit of a right tilt in relation to the guard.

The scabbard is truely a work of art. The brass at the top, bottom, and along the edges is extensively engraved. The 7 yin-yang symbols and 3 wood inlays are rimmed by brass inlays. The wood is thick and the scabbard weighs just under 9 ounces. It is 14 3/8" long by 2 1/4" wide by 1" thick at the top.

My wife really liked it when the DOTD was posted and this sword will be a work of art for her office. No performance testing on this one but I am looking forward to using a 16" R-1 Stick Knife that is on its way from Yangdu.

I have linked to a few pictures taken today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Skyler R.

Skyler R.

Dec 27, 2005
    The amount of detail in that is amazing. Kumar really did a wonderful job on it. Congrats

Very nice description and pictures West.

Sure looks like a keeper. :thumbup:

3. Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Jul 30, 2004
    What he said. :thumbup: And your pics tell the rest of the story: there's a lot of nice work that didn't show on the sale photos. Nice snag; wicked knife!

Mike

4. westfork

westfork

Aug 27, 2003
    That's why I posted this review. There is so much more to these swords (or really nice large knives) than what the DOTD photos show.
    Thanks for the great stuff Yangdu!

Lloyd

5. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam

Apr 24, 2006
    wow beautiful pics... good job :thumbup:

6. lefthandblack

lefthandblack

Jan 22, 2004
    Awesome stuff, thanks for the pics:thumbup: :D

7. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Yargh! Really reminds me of a cutlass with some Eastern influence...

8. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Great review and pictures, thank you

9. Svashtar

Svashtar

Dec 28, 2003
    Wow! I said that I like the first one in horn better, but now that I've seen your pictures!...

Really nice looking knife. You did well for yourself. :thumbup:

Norm