1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

You All Are Killing Me!!

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Idaho Jarhead, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Idaho Jarhead

Idaho Jarhead

Nov 2, 2007
    You guys are killing me with all the pictures of your Ganza scores!! I don't wander into the Swamp very often, so was a little late getting my order in. On top of that, I ordered the black paper slabs. This is the first bill I've actually looked forward to getting in a long time.

So....I'm trying to find other things to occupy my time while waiting. I'm thinking maybe it will help to order a sheath. I'm thinking my black on black RMD would look great in some Chuddy Bear pants. Maybe I can get him to put on some kind of piggyback sheath for the Swamp Warden. Anyone else have a set-up like this? Pics if you got them please.... :D

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2005
    That would be cool. The Warden is such a good piggy-back knife altho the RMD may be a bit small (to me) for the main knife.

Nice concept. And I'm with ya. I waited until about 4 weeks ago to put my order in. Hoping it'll come soon. Gotta get the Swamp crankin!

3. kdstrick

kdstrick

May 27, 2007
    The SWarden makes a great piggyback knife. Especially this iteration of it, being even thinner stock than the original release. It won't take up much space or weight in a piggy rig.

I whipped up some kydex today for my RMD, and considered the piggyback, but like Dennis suggested, the RMD is a great all purpose blade and may not need a smaller blade attached. I tend to pair small ones with knives larger than the RMD. But there is certainly no reason it shouldn't or couldn't be done, especially by a craftsman like Chuddy.

I was thinking about rigging up my NMSFNO sheath with a piggy today, just ran out of time.