"you call that a knife?"

That chopper has some class. And the musket (rifled musket?)- Great! Are you a civil war re-enactor?

Thank you, my friend, and yes, a rifled musket would be an appropriate term. I used to do Civil War re-enacting a number of years ago. I still have all my gear, including this dandy of a rifle, I just haven't been able to get out and march for quite some time. Too darned busy these days!

This one, J Marc the maker called it the iron ribbon fighter, 10 1/2" blade.

View attachment 1227572
Damn handsome right there
164i7fp.jpg

Bolo, water buffalo horn handles, 10 1/2" blade length. This was my father's. He gave it to me 3 years ago.
That's a unique one

Ironically there isn’t much of a knife tradition here in Australia, as has been discussed before. We have to import them from far off places. This is my best example

s5xIshD.jpg

OmWTMRM.jpg

bxowazq.jpg

hF2VzQh.jpg
Gorgeous

Great thread!
I guess I'm the first to post a Browning Crowell / Barker
15" OAL, 10" blade.
In the words of Doug Marcaida, "It will kill." :)

Here it is next to a full-sized Case Trapper

Big Fixed by D P, on Flickr

It's a Kissing Krane/Robt. Klaas of the typical Solingen 8" fulltang bowie model.
Scales are Rosewood with brassguard and pins.
View attachment 1228789
I got it in the early 1970'ies and carried it into the outdoors until 2003. After this it has been restored and retired as a memory.

Regards
Mikael
The blade looks just like my typical Solingen Olsen but the guard is thicker.
Nice knife, and worth a lot of memories.

Thanks! The guard is a replacement for the thin original, as it was bent back & forth several times.
Any pic's and stories of Your Olsen?

Regards
Mikael

Thanks! The guard is a replacement for the thin original, as it was bent back & forth several times.
Any pic's and stories of Your Olsen?

Regards
Mikael
At some point I decided this was the perfect knife, and put on a glue-lam handle to encapsulate the tang so it wouldn't rust. The thin original guard is forward of the fatter one I thought was needed to balance the thicker handle. I intend to cut some designs into the handle to make it grippier. The original Olsen stag grips are on the GR boning knife.
6zVyPyK.jpg

At some point I decided this was the perfect knife, and put on a glue-lam handle to encapsulate the tang so it wouldn't rust. The thin original guard is forward of the fatter one I thought was needed to balance the thicker handle. I intend to cut some designs into the handle to make it grippier. The original Olsen stag grips are on the GR boning knife.
6zVyPyK.jpg
Yes why not and the Green River turned out great with that staghandle.

Regards
Mikael

This one should do. That's a Camillus sailor's knife next to it to give you a sense of scale.

23913641137_59445e82bd_b.jpg

Thanks Jack. I waited a long time for her, but it was totally worth it.

That has a very barong look to it.
The Camillus-Fisk OVBs are such great looking knives. I should have bought them way back when. I'm glad you were able to find one.

The Camillus-Fisk OVBs are such great looking knives. I should have bought them way back when. I'm glad you were able to find one.

They are. Not the most practical knives though. And truth be told, I'm having a hard time getting her as sharp as I'd like. Probably a good thing. But every red-blooded American male should have a proper bowie.

Back