You Guys Ought To Congratulate Me. (I Think.)

Today, I resisted the temptation to buy a Benchmade Bugout AXIS Lock Knife Carbon Fiber (3.2" Satin) 535-3. Regular Price: $300. Sale Price: $199.99. A great knife brought to an exceptionally high standard with carbon fiber scales and s90v steel. And at an extremely seductive price.

I may have horrible regrets about this in the morning. (This is worse than dating was in my 20s.)

Where can I find it? I'll buy one even though I just bought one a few days ago (at a higher price).

The deal was on BladeHG. Good luck.

EDIT: This morning I noticed that they are letting this go for $9 less than Smokey Mountain Knife Works is selling a Bugout with an M4 steel blade and G-10 handles. Which is the better deal?

Last edited:
Welp, BladeHQ charges nearly $20 tax for this knife, which makes it less attractive to me (still $30 lower than the regular price though). Personally I'd definitely pick cf/s90v over m4/g10 even without the discount, just for the looking.

The deal was on BladeHG. Good luck.

EDIT: This morning I noticed that they are letting this go for $9 less than Smokey Mountain Knife Works is selling a Bugout with an M4 steel blade and G-10 handles. Which is the better deal?
Lol @ BladeHG...I call them GladeBQ
Nifecenter
GeePeeknives

In all seriousness, having 2 bugouts, I would say every time I opened the box and play with them I am usually slightly underwhelmed by them. Benchmades will also go on sale pretty consistently so you're not missing much, no big deal.

Only BM knife I was impressed with initially are the Presidio 2 and crooked river.

Nifecenter
GeePeeknives

In all seriousness, having 2 bugouts, I would say every time I opened the box and play with them I am usually slightly underwhelmed by them. Benchmades will also go on sale pretty consistently so you're not missing much, no big deal.

Only BM knife I was impressed with initially are the Presidio 2 and crooked river.

You may be right. I haven't handled the Bugout, and, on reflection, I am concerned that it might be a little insubstantial. Maybe not, but I really should see one before I buy.

Nifecenter
GeePeeknives

You should check out the Skirmish, Rukus, and 710 (if you can find em). Prepare to have your socks knocked off.

You should check out the Skirmish, Rukus, and 710 (if you can find em). Prepare to have your socks knocked off.
Honestly the 615 was the last one that I can remember really blowing my mind.

MSXBVt5.jpg

Back