1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

You never know what you'll find

Discussion in 'Camillus Collector's Forum' started by 2brothers, Feb 17, 2010.

1. 2brothers

2brothers

Apr 22, 2007
    I was digging through boxes of misc stuff (knives :D ) and what did I find.
    A Camillus 3T lockback with that sweet thin Turkish blade.
    Sitting in the sheath, bothering no one. Just waiting......and waiting.

I pulled it out thinking it would look horrible sitting in the sheath all these years.
    Glad I was wrong. Just a few marks on the brass which actually just wiped off. Could have been from the leather.
    Blade is in pristine condition too, never touched.

Pretty sure I got it back in the mid-to-late 90's. Funny thing though, I remember them having a big Camillus etch on the blade. This one does not. :confused:

A few quick photos, sorry about the quality didn't have time to go outside to the photobox.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Good looking knife.

3. 2brothers

2brothers

Apr 22, 2007
    Thank you. It is a fine looking knife.

I'm trying to find out exactly when they were produced.
    I've gone through the Camillus catalogs/pricesheets and it is only mentioned in 1992 and '93.
    Also mentions "limited". Seems kinda odd that something like this would be limited.

4. orvet

orvet

Oct 11, 2005
    Nice one and a very pleasant surprise!

I love that pattern.
    I am looking for a user in that pattern.
    I sold one that was NIB a while back.
    You are right about the blade etch, mine had it.

Dale

Attached Files:

5. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Dale, yours has a different blade pattern. Is it also a 3T?

6. 2brothers

2brothers

Apr 22, 2007
    Dale's picture is the model #3.
    3T means Turkish Clip point blade, same handle, different blade. (Catalog shows them to be the same in every other way)
    Apparently it was not produced with a Camillus logo etch.

**Edit
    Did a little copy from a 1992 Catalog. It shows the knife with blade etch, but I've never seen one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  7. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    Sometimes catalogs and flyers are as good as it gets for I.D.ing Schrade and Camillus knives. Just remember that a lot of those pictures are preproduction photosamples. And also older pictures were reused in subsequent catalogs because they felt the minor production changes weren't significant enough to justify a reshoot.

DOn't forget that you can still visit the old Camillus website via the Wayback Machine.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  8. edbeau

edbeau

Jan 20, 2006
    Thanks for the info, I like both knives a lot.

9. banana-clip

banana-clip

Jun 7, 2007
    Sweet knife.