Your "All Time Fav" SOG Knife?

Midnight Tigershark
SCUBA/DEMO (never was able to snag one of those :()
Tech Bowie
SEAL 2000
Recon Bowie

After the Seal 2k it would have to be Scuba/Demo

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Last edited:
tough call ..... here's my own personal ranking of some of my SOG fixed blade Tactical Tableware:

1. Recon Bowie, because it is the best-looking SOG knife ever made (to date, anyway). And I'm a huge fan of SK-5 steel.
2. original S1 Bowie, the thickest SOG blade ever made (to date, anyway). Again, SK-5 steel.
3. original Tigershark with SK-5 steel, just an awesome knife.
4. the old Tech II, one of the best-looking and takes an awesome edge.
5. the old Tech I, same as the Tech II.

Cheers,

Carl

Recon Bowie. It's the only one I can't bring myself to sell. ...and I have 2 of them. I remember thinking, "I wonder if this will be around for a long time...better buy two." If I could find a SK5 Tigershark, I'd probably buy one, but I can't see myself liking it more than the Recon Bowie.

dylside,

you did it right: 2 Recon Bowies.

as for the Tigershark, it's a whole different category from the Recon Bowie.

Cheers,

Carl

Long time no post...
One of my favorite carry knives was the Trident TF-3, easy and quick...

I love the S95 Tomcat 3...

The Vision for dress up days... LOL

The Pentagon Elite II I bought for show... a good deal at a knife show a few years ago, I love the flick and open and the jaw dropping effect...

P6280028.jpg

The S43 Tsunami
P6280029.jpg

P6280030.jpg

Last edited:
I'll add another one to my list from above. Yesterday I was playing around with an original SOG Nite Tech. It is beat to crap from use, the bluing is long gone, and the original nylon scabbard is likewise beat up badly, but the SK-5 steel still takes and holds that nice razor edge I like.
http://www.sogknivescollectors.com/nitetech.php

Cheers,

Carl

I'll add another one to my list from above. Yesterday I was playing around with an original SOG Nite Tech. It is beat to crap from use, the bluing is long gone, and the original nylon scabbard is likewise beat up badly, but the SK-5 steel still takes and holds that nice razor edge I like.
http://www.sogknivescollectors.com/nitetech.php

Cheers,

Carl

Gorgious knife. I was praying the new SEAL knife would basically be one of those but no luck:(

"LeftytwoGuns" - Scuba/Demo is definately my idea of an awesome pick!
"fingers44" - Outstanding choice! Luv the guardless Tsunami as oppose to the awful lookin' "safety" single-guard version...

The Tomcat III (it's a beauty) and the Visionary II (a no nonsense knife that sells for what it's worth)

The vision is good too but a little heavy due to it's stainless steel under titanium slab construction. I should be strong for hell.

I hope its ok to join in here-I have a Vintage 1980's Al Mar sog Fighter-man I looooove that knife-I will post pics if wanted?
Duncan.

Last edited:
ooops, That was meant to say 1980's...Im guessing if it was a 1880's it would be DAMNED COLLECTABLE lol.
I hope you enjoy the pics, and thank ou for the invite to show you.

almarquery.jpg

almarquery1.jpg

Haha I figured so, since most of today's knife companies didn't even exist back then!

Al Mar's version looks nice :thumbup:

Back