Your choice: Busse Basics #5 or #7?

If you could choose one of these beatiful knives to take home, which would it be (money not being an issue here at all)? I'm gonna buy one, but not the other. Which should I choose? I've got quite large hands and would like a powerful knife, but not overly hard to handle. What do you think?

I've got both and if you want a "powerful" knife I'd suggest the #7. If you've got big hands it certainly will be better suited to you. Hope this helps.

------------------
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n"
John Milton
There are only two types of people; those who understand this, and those who think they do.

I presume the 7 is the same size as the SteelHeart II. If so, that's the one. Perfect size for versatility. Light and effective for utility and tactical. I'm thinking of a 5" only because it may be more easily concealed and less shocking the sheeple. But it terms of usefulness, the 7" is great.

This one is a no brainer. The #7! I mean it's two more inches of funk. That is the way I buy my Busses. I started with the Battle Mistress and moved to the Steel Heart II. Next the Badger probably unless the new six incher becomes available before then. Go with the bigger knife. But really if I were you I'd get a #9. Waaaaaay cooler!

Thanks for your input! You've difinitely made my mind up, I'm going with the #7. Ryu, I would get the #9 but, but I'm looking for a slightly smaller and lighter camping knife that still has enough power to do some light chopping without being too bulky. If I were to go on a really serious hike or expedition, I would definitely take the #9. Thanks everybody!

It looks like I'm going to be in the minority here, but I vote for the Basic #5. I've found the size just about perfect for most any chore short of chopping firewood (and even then it was quite impressive as a chopper for its size). The #7 I handled seemed a little too bulky for general cutting (like food, rope, boxes, etc...), and I've found my Khukri a much better chopper. So Unless you need a somewhat better chopper, I'd definitely go for the #5 for general knife chores.

Back