Your choice of steel

I did a search and came up with a little info about the steel used in the Delta-Z line. Evidently, some knives use the German 1.4116 steel, which you say is a near equivalent to 440C. Your liner locks use the German equivalent to 440A. I guess your tactical series uses Sandvik 12C27.

My question is: how many different types of steel do you use? What can you tell us about these steels? Who does your heat treating? At what Rc do you harden these different steels?

I wish there was more info about the steels used on your knives on your website! I thought it was sort of unusal not to include some steel info (other than the vague term "stainless") on your site for knives in this price range.

Your knives are really quite nice, I look forward to learning more about them and eventually picking up a couple.

Thanks!

The steel has a RC of about 58-59. Which is good (Emerson stuff is the same). The Sandvik is the same steel as you may have seen of the new Impluse.

We use Sandvik 12c27, 440A, and ATS-34 (and more soon to come). Both the 12c27 and 440A have the same RC, but the ATS-34 is much harder at a wopping 61 RC.

If there is any other ?s you have please ask. And thanks for your intrest in our product.

Matt Kaluzne
Delta Z Knives Inc.
------------------
Pain was made for the weak!

[This message has been edited by SNiPER (edited 09-25-2000).]

Back