your dream knife

o.k guys you just won the lottory,what knife have you been dreaming of and could not afford till now....
i'll start..and will probebly go hunting for an original scagel...
scorpio.

on the contrary i cannot buy the knife i want with money I will however use the money to hire my own stormtroopers to kidnap the guy who has the knife I want. he is my friend so I will use tranqualizer darts ^_^.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html
</A> If you play with love you will be heartbroken; if you play with knives you will [bleed]

This one:
View

Light fast, feathery and long fighter from www.hossom.com He said he can make them from A-2 or Bos treated ATS.

Of course, if it came with a 14" blade, I'd want it even more.

Matt

[This message has been edited by Waxes Eloquent (edited 21 December 1999).]

Scorpio,

A.G.Russell has/had an original Scagel folder recently. It's only $25,000. Neat knife for sure, as are all of his.

And Matt,

Thanks for the post. Two 14-inchers are on the bench, heat treated, ready to be finished and handled.

My personal lust is for most anything by Don Fogg. A great knifemaker, swordsmith, teacher, and person. His work is just classic.

dfoggknives.com

Jerry

------------------
Jerry Hossom
knifemaker
www.hossom.com

A Tom Maringer sword, or two; ... then again I might just encourage him to come out of retirement and commission him to make a load of goodies.

Unrelated.. maybe related.. but I see all these cool pics of killer Hossom knives but don't see em on his actual page.

those are millenium fighters right?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html
</A> If you play with love you will be heartbroken; if you play with knives you will [bleed]

My dream folding knife would be a Ray Appleton Infi-lock and fixed blade would be a Wolfgang Loerchner dagger. I collect a number of knifes I'll never use but these two makers represent the Vahn Gogh and Rembrandt of knifemaking.

BTW Scorpio, what is your "Lottery Knife"?

Wishing the best over the holidays and looking forward to see you at the Shot Show.

P.S. I hope they have a room reserved for you.

I've been dreaming about a Bowie knife, for about 45 years. I have a few Bowies, but not the one I've been dreaming of. The closest affordable realization of this knife is Randall's Model #12 Smithsonian Bowie, I'll probably be able to get one this coming year. After that would be an Ed Fowler, a "Pronghorn" would be great, a Bowie by him even better. This is starting to push the limits of my expectations, let alone a $25,000 Scagel. I'm not a rich man, probably never will be. I am a Realist, and even if I won the Lottery spending more than a couple of thousand dollars for one knife, is way beyond my comfort range. Reality bites!

gaknife..thanks for the info but i havn't won the lottory yet..
david..check at the heading of this post and you'll see my "LOTTORY" knife would be a scagel..preferbaly in a fixed blade.
looking forward to see you at shot show.
if they don't have a room i'll join yours and daphne's LOL.
scorpio.

Hmmmm.....I think it would be an "Axis Lock", "Speed-Safe", and "Wave" equipped folder. That would not wear holes in my pants!!
smile.gif

Blades

Sniperboy,

Not many long fighters are pictured on Jerry's page (yet, but that's changing). Just keep checking back. As Jerry keeps making them, he keeps putting them up. I can't wait to see what his devious mind comes up with next.

Matt

Years ago in Whisnaut McBride Galleries in New Orleans I held in my hands(gloved of course) an 18th century English Privateers cutlass. Its blade was inlayed with a golden sea serpent and its balance was perfect for so heavy a blade. Every time I think of a dream knife I think of that. I restored many swords and sabers over the years there and none ever matched that one in beauty and feel....Sigh

------------------
Jake Evans

Mine's still the Simonich Nordooh in A2, with a Talonite parasite.

------------------
"Absolute safety is for those who don't have the balls to live in the real world."
St. Mary's County, Republik of Marilundt

I would spend the money on tools to finish the knife I'm working on. There's a lot of knives out there I'd like to have but I like the ones I make better.

------------------
Fix it right the first time, use Baling Wire !

For me it would be just a plain, old Stryker. Accept it would be fitted with a "laser". (ala Austin Powers)

A bill Bagwell Hells Belle or a Tinker Pierce Highland Dirk.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh Fuller
Arlington, Virginia

My dream knife keeps changing as I aquire just one more knife. If I won the lotterty though, I guess I'd get them all
smile.gif

------------------
Why do they use steril needles for lethal injections :confused:

Back