Your EDC blade

I am curious about what blade you guys carry as an EDC and if it is typically the same one everyday or a rotation?

I definitely rotate through a variety of folders and fixed blades, sometimes even changing the selection during the same day. Today I have a Ruike flipper, yesterday I had my Benchmade Contego for the first part of the day and then a Spyderco Manix II in the evening.

For a long time, I would carry the same knife for months or even years but now I enjoy the variety approach. The only issue I've run into is remembering which blade is in my pocket and how it opens...flipper, auto, wave, thumb stud, spydie hole, fixed or traditional...which one was it?

If I'm in the shop I generally don't carry a knife, there is an old Wenger out there that I use to cut stuff. When I'm out I carry a Spyderco (don't know which model, it's one that Walmart carries). Sometimes I switch it up and carry my ZT0350. When I go camping in Michigan it's my Victorinox Farmer. I've also been known to carry my Element Kane model.

I partially rotate, partially constant carry knives. Everyday I have a Case Bermuda Green Peanut in my pocket. I bought it the day before my daughter was born, and it is a constant, even around the house. During the work week, I also carry a SAK Executive that is just a brilliant little tool.

Other than that, I'll rotate rather randomly between a GEC 14 or 25, a Buck 55, a SAK Rancher, my JK Bluegill, a Fiddleback Forge Neckmuk, and more rarely an HK Mini Axis or Boker Urban Trapper. Most of my folding knives just sit in their chest, unfortunately.

A few years back I posted a question about multi tools and one of the suggestions was the Gerber Dime. I picked one up and have carried it ever since. The original (which is the one I carry the most) was blue but very little of the blue finish remains. I added an all black model over the summer (it was a flea market find for $10). My girlfriend has a purple one in her purse and I have gifted them to several friends.

I really like the exposed bottle opener and the package opener blade. Overall it's just the right combination of size, weight and functions for me.

Since it does have a knife blade I guess it counts as an EDC knife as well.

The Target store Connie works at had the Victorinox Classic on clearance for $3.99, she bought the last one. She has been carrying one of the Edelweiss versions for six or seven years, so she got this one for me.

Right now I carry a GEC 74 Mustang in American Elk. Till the next knife pushes it out of my pocket.

It's the one on the bottom

A7ZxQrC.jpg

When I’m at work it’s a small (peanut) to medium (stockman) sized traditional 95% of the time. Occasionally, a thumb stud opened larger folder with pocket clip.

At home/yard/shop, I’ll still have a folder plus a small fixed JK or others in a back pocket sheath.

Hunting, hiking or camping, a 4-5” bladed JK (Since last summer it’s been primarily the CBK) or other fixed in a belt sheath. Small to medium traditional still in the front pocket.

Stihl MS171, 12" bar, 32cc on sling under my poncho. In warm weather just my H&H Forge throwing hawk, sash carry with leather edge sheath.

Lots of great variety here! I rotate through quite a few. I literally carry my sak super tinker everyday, and there’s always a mora companion in my car. The top rotation includes (in order of frequency carried):
CRK large sebenza 21 plain
BM Large Ritter griptilian M390
JK element Kane model
ZT 0450
Kershaw leek
BM 940
CRK large sebenza 21 insingo carbon fiber
Scrapyard scrapivore
ZT 0562

Sounds like I really need to find myself a nice traditional slipjoint.

I rotate a clip-on knife or a traditional in my front right pocket, and always have my Vic waiter in my left.

I also had been carrying a Kershaw Cinder in my left pocket, but I have a habit of giving those away - need to get another one.

I also always have my Scanduckie and my JK Atta-Boy in my truck with me, along with a JK tin knife in a tin in my man-bag.

best

mqqn

If I'm wearing civilian clothes then I'm carrying this CPK EDC. It came with a Dozier sheath and it just fits well in a cross draw style.

myEq9qo.jpg

Uniform, it's a black spyderco manix 2 or a spyderco military

I have two primary EDC knives. The first is a burnt orange Spyderco Dragonfly in HAP40 that rides on a keychain with an Olight I3E EOS flashlight with my work keys. This gets used constantly to break down boxes and open packages. When I get home the work key ring gets tossed on my desk and I slip a Spyderco Delica in VG-10 into my back pocket. It's the last thing my dad got me with the intention of giving it to me for Xmas but he passed before he had the chance. Lately I've been thinking of getting a different Spydero to replace it because I'd hate to lose it given the sentimental value. I've got a Spyderco Native in Maxamet that I might carry instead.

I carry a Spyderco K2 everyday at work. When not at work I rotate a Southard, Waved Endura, and Yojimbo 2.
I'll slip a Case Tiny Toothpick in my pocket along with my folder when we are going to church.

Spyderco Delica ZDP, a Vic Rambler and a traditional which varies as the mood strikes.
All in the RFP if the trad is small enough. Bigger traditionals go in the back pocket. (or pack if I'm going to the park)

snZq8Xwl.jpg

I've carried this knife nearly everyday for 6 months. There's been maybe 5 days where I've left it at home in favor of a different knife. It's seen use in the yard, garden, shop, office, etc. Done everything from pick vegetables, open bags of dog food and bird seed, opening letters and boxes, various food cutting, and whittling with the pen. Every once in a while I get an itch for another folder, but this one just does it for me. It rides well in my suit pants and jeans and cuts everything I need it to.

Having said that, I usually pair it with a smaller fixed blade. Usually my stretched bluegill or my modified Old Hickory. I fluctuate a little more there.

Back