Your EDC spin-off: what's your Profession or Hobbies?

I have the job all you guys wish you had...factory laborer:( Real life activities include hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking. I can't imagine going through a single day without a knife.

Paul

:):):):):)
Yes.....that rocket sciencin' takes up most of my time!! :p
The rest of the time Im busy eating!! :)

I'm a student at UW (University of Washington, Seattle). This summer I worked at NASA-JPL (where they do rocket science). I hope to learn something from a real rocket scientist like Tom Mayo...I think that'll really strengthen my resume for when I need a real job. :)

~Mitch

im an investigator for the tx dept of CJ, and also like fast cars, weightlifting, biking,boxing football, and collect guns/knives/etc

sifu

Dr. Kit & Dr. Tom:

What kinda knives do you PhD's make for astronauts and test pilots?

Ron (guncollector)

I work as a mechanic at a bicycle shop. My knives are used to cut boxes, nylon packing bands, zipties, rubber brake pads, and anything that's pretty soft and cuttable. I also enjoy dropping ball bearings into customer's bike frames when they hassle me and try to get me fired by the owners. Perhaps I should wave my knife crazily at them and hope that they listen to me for a change.

Hobbies, I bike, I save for and buy knives, and ummm...I also bug these swimmer girls who tossed me into a pool a couple years back. :)

I'm a union journeyman carpenter. I used to be cabinetmaker and guitar builder. My knife habit grew out of my woodworking affection.

Hobbies(before marraige and kids): Guns and hunting, music and bicycling. Getting older is hell on the waist line. Oh well....

Barry H

Gun Collector,

Yes, there is a BUCK Crosslock with blade/hoof pick combo. I can't remember who it is that has them on here, but post in want to buy and they will reply. I can't remember who it was, but they wanted $45.00 each. I will check for you.

I am a Correctional Supervisor for the rather large Texas Department of Criminal Justice-Institutional Division. In layman terms, Prison System. I'm prohibited from carrying inside the walls. I'm an avid hunter, both archery and firearms. Other hobbies are competing in archery tournements, knife & firearm collecting and spending time with my family.

I am the Director of Marketing for Bodycote,A International Heat Treating and Coating's Company with over 200 plants worldwide. Most knive people me for the Boron Coatings you see on some Factory Knives.and a few Customs.My Hobbies, now this is were it gets crazy.
I collect and restore vintage Wurlitzer Juke Boxes from the 1940 ERA
also Schwinn STING-RAYS (Apple Krates,Ornge Krates and all SOLO POLO's
dating from 1963 until 1972)Over the past 10 years from working in the knife industry I also have a collection of knives.

Darrell Lewis
Dlewis@bodycote-na.com

Just like edmoses, I'm a computer/network systems engineer. Most of my tasks are easily handled with a Leatherman Wave, but the Sebenza comes out for the "mass rollout of PCs in cardboard boxes" days.

I have many hobbies, the foremost being fishing/hiking/camping and yo-yoing. When I'm doing my thing in the mountains, my Dozier K-4, BG-42 Buck 110 and Bulldog Canoe are taking the brunt of the work. The Spyderco Military pops into the scene for canoe trips.

My yo-yo hobby requires......... not much in the way of knives. I cut strings with a Leatherman Micra. I have been known to pull out a slipjoint for carving the sides of wooden yo-yos though. :)

the same kind I make for everybody else....

personalnwatch.jpg

I am in the U.S. Army working as a Biomedical Repair tech. Calibrating and fixing Medical Equipment. My EDC is a Kershaw Boa and I use it for boxes,zip ties,wire,opening MREs cutting Mre's cutting cord, whatever sometimes I even get to use it to disable (destroy) unservicable equipment and stuff like that. I also just like to whip it out when i'm bored. Looking forward to getting a Spyderco harpy that i just ordered, That will be fun to play with too. Hobbies are playing with my 1 year old son. gotta keep the knives away from that one for awhile but can't wait to give him his first SAK

I work as a Customer Quality Liaison (covers a multitude of sins) for an automotive supplier. My EDC is usually my TiNi SOG Powerlock (also covers a multitude of sins...).
Hobbies (when I have time:( ) is scouting: camping, hiking, etc. This gives me an excuse to haul out the fixed blade knives...:D
Rob

Profession: Computer/Network Engineer

Hobbies: (It's a long list)
  • Sheath Making
  • Shopping for knives
  • Playing with knives
  • Woodworking
  • Carving
  • Shooting
  • Camping
  • Fishing
  • Bikeing
  • Computers
  • tinkering with stuff
  • Working around the house
  • Spending time with my wife
  • Traveling

Probably not a complete list but it's close... :D

When I'm in the outdoors I carry a folder of choice and either a Fallkniven S1 or F1.

When traveling I carry a Dozier NY Special in case I need something for protection and a folder of choice.

I have about 20 folders in my EDC rotation, it's just whatever strikes me as what I want to carry that day :D

My occupation is the Consumer Services Manager for SOG Specialty Knives. There, I keep my hands in a wide variety of areas, even beyond my "title" (R&D, QC, warranty, personnel management, general operations, general know-it-all).

Hobbies: Guns, knives, computers/internet, my family (want to see pictures? :D ), cars, and reading.

This thread will probably be moved over to the Community Forum soon. :)

I work for small SW company as a consultant for Advanced Planning and Scheduling and Service Optimization solutions. I hardly use my knives at work but I carry either BM 710 or Chimera.

I sell MIKOV knives to fund my knife hobby.

My hobbies are: knives:), travelling, taking pictures, biking, skiing, reading sci-fi books....

David

I'm a lawyer, and I use my knives on unruly clients .... Nah, seriously, one of my favorite pastimes is hiking, which lends itself to ample knife use. My other favorite pastime is playing my electric guitar at earth - shaking volume (Les Paul Custom + Mesa Boogie amp = thunder). In this last case, I use my knives to open packs of guitar strings, cassettes for recording on my tape deck, etc.

I own a small business that caters to the "individual" knife and gear lover. I am a FULL TIME single parent raising a wonderful 6 year old boy! My hobbies include Fishing, guns/shooting, KNIVES, Kayaking, hiking, camping, tomahawk throwing, cigar smoking, catching Venomous and non venomous snakes, making things(anything). I have been studing combat and tactics for 20 years now and eat sleep and **** the "tactical" lifestyle. I am a BIG collector of Popeye The Sailor Man antiques and a big fan of cartoons(classic and new). My EDC is as follows: Summertime carry= Spyderco Rescue Jr. W/stainless handle, WH Carbon Fiber Spearpoint, Bud Nealy Pesh Kabz, Leatherman Crunch, Sebertech Sebertool. My winter carry is the same except the Nealy is replaced with my INCREDIBLE Hossom Texican. My knives are mostly used to cut boxes, rope, tape, zip ties, etc.

Back