Your favorite Christmas movie?

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
What's your favorite Christmas movie. I had a hard time choosing from these three.

A Christmas Carol, with Alastair Sim as Scrooge

A Christmas Story, the "oddyssey of the kid hoping to get a Red Ryder BB gun

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, does it need an explanation?

I always enjoy watching all three, I can watch any of the three any time of the year, doesn't have to be Christmas. A Christmas Carol is my favorite though. Sim was a great actor.

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

"White Christmas", "Holliday Inn", and lets not forget the original "Miracle on 34th Street"

Dave

"It's A Wonderful Life" hands down, especially this year it's meaning really hit home. My wife takes over the family room when this comes on. I think in a few more years she will have the entire script down pat . . . ;) :thumbup:
Merry Christmas to all,
Be safe.

Last edited:
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! The part where he goes off about his " Christmas bonus " LOL

In order:

A Christmas Carol w/ Patrick Stewart
A Christmas Carol w/ Alastair Sim
A Christmas Story
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Friday After Next

In order:

A Christmas Carol w/ Patrick Stewart
A Christmas Story
Friday After Next

I'm going to have to check out the last one. Friday is one of my favorite comedies. Next Friday was pretty bad. Kind of soured me on watching Friday after Next ;).

It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
White Christmas
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (TV 1964) (yea, that one:eek:)

The Ref
Badder Santa
A Christmas Story

I love the old classics like a Christmas Carol, It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas. But I just love Ralfe and his quest for a Daisy Red Rider. It was the time frame of my own growing up, those happy years just post WW2, and I had the same lust for a Red Rider BB gun. My sainted father gifted me one on my 10th Christmas.

Carl.

I love the old classics like a Christmas Carol, It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas. But I just love Ralfe and his quest for a Daisy Red Rider. It was the time frame of my own growing up, those happy years just post WW2, and I had the same lust for a Red Rider BB gun. My sainted father gifted me one on my 10th Christmas.

Carl.

How's the eye?:p:D

1 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)

2 - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Well of course I like all the classics previously mentioned, but I would add: SCTV's Christmas Special with Johnny LaRue (John Candy), Barry Levinson's DINER, Rankin Bass' Christmas Specials and Peanuts, of course.

Christmas Vacation
Christmas Story
It's A Wonderful Life

Can't put em' in order though.

The Snowman, by Raymond Briggs.

arts-graphics-2007_1182876a.jpg

The Patrick Stewart version of A Christmas Carol is on TNT at 9:00 Eastern tonight for those that haven't seen it. In my opinion its better than the Alistair Sim version (but not by much) and smokes the George C. Scott version.

Back