Your favorite non-American manufacturer

There are host of companies based outside of the U.S. that produce great cutlery. Some of my favorites are:
Grohmann of Canada
Boker of Germany
Aitor of Spain
Klotzli of Switzerland

What are your favorites?

If you're counting completely off shore manufacturing of product, but for an american company, I'd pick Outdoor Edge/Edge Tech.

I don't think I actually own a purely foreign knife of both manufacture and corporate HQ. In that category, maybe Fallkniven, which I don't own anything by yet.

Phil

Fällkniven AG Sweeden.

biggrin.gif

Helle of Norway. Great prices and laminated steel with some neat looking knives.

------------------
~Greg Mete~
Kodiak Alaska

Buck Collectors Club-Lifetime Member
JKM-Chai
KnifeKnutt@aol.com

I've got an Andujar, from Spain, pocket knife, with stag handles, that I carry all the time and don't have any desire to replace it.

Definitely Swedish Fällkniven!

Their fixed blades are among very best buys in suitable knife groups.
I have some experience with their F1, S1, A1,
H1 and WM1.
Now I'm playing with their K1 and K2 kitchen knives and, believe me, I'm regretting when it is nothing to cut in my kitchen
wink.gif

My father gave me my first Victorinox knife when I was ten. It's still one of my favorite brands.

I am quite fond of DeltaZ knives from Italy, Kopromed from Poland, Klotzli from Switzerland, Fallkniven of Sweden and Muela from Spain.I also like the knives of Forge de Laguiole from France.
Keith.

1 Fällkniven (Sweden)
2 Puma (Germany)
3 Victorinox (Switzerland)
4 EKA (Sweden)
5 Gerber/Fiskars (Finland)
6 Marttiini (Finland)
7 Helle (Norway)
8 Mikov (Czech Rep)

Hmm... good question. Personally, I really like Roselli (Finland). Great stuff!

------------------
Cerulean

"We cut things to create things" - J.K.M.

My choice.......G Sakai, Hattori, Moki, Tsuge, etc. Excellent craftmanship and attention to details.

Spyderco should count since every one I've got was made in Seki City.

Anyhow, I'm really impressed by CAI's Paul Chen. My Shinto Katana is outstanding!

Professor.

Back