Your favourite budget one-handers?

Alot of knife enthusiasts started their collections with inexpensive production folders before going for the higher end models, but are there any who buy low end folders as well as high end production or custom models? If so, which are your favourite low end or budget folders? Mine are: (in no particular order)

1. Buck Odyssey
2. Kershaw Vapor II
3. Gerber EZ-Out
4. Spyderco Delica
5. Gerber AR 3.0
6. CRKT L.U.S.
7. Kershaw Chive
8. CRKT M16-13Z
9. Benchmade Ascent
10. Kershaw Liner Action

The Spyderco Calypso and Native are great bidget one handers. The SOG BG-42 Autoclip are the cheapest knives I know of with that steel.

Delica and Calypso Jr.

I've had other inexpensive knives, but these two are just so much better than the offerings from CRKT and company.

Timberline's Kelly Worden collab model.

Quite a few from CRK&T:
KFF
M-16
Point Guard
Navajo

Spyderco's:
Calypso Jr. lightweight
Endura
Delica
FRN Native (in CPM440V:eek: )

Kershaw's Talon can be had for $35.00-50.00 range. This is a killer deal as the Talon has titanium handles, 3 1/8" long ATS-34 claw shaped blade and a rock solid liner-lock.

Many others I can't think of right now. Monday Night Football is coming on. I'm outta here!!:D

I like the CRKT M16 and Crawford Kasper models. But the best are the Benchmade AFCK's. ALll you have to do is look around a few shops in your are and you'll find them for around fifty or sixty dollars. Very hard to beat.

I am very partial to my CRKT Pointgaurd and my BM Ascent. Don't worry so much about losing them either.

PJC

Cold Steel Voyagers. www.wholesalehunter.com has them starting at $31.00 for the medium clip point. That's a great price for a knife that will take all kinds of abuse and just keep coming back for more!

Flinx

Delica and Dragonfly, but Gerber e-z out gets much pocket time. Good enough to carry, cheap enough to abuse. I've bought two of them, keeping one in reserve, 'cause I'm always doing stuff with my Gerber that I shouldn't do with any knife. You know, too lazy to open the Leatherman every time I need it... :rolleyes:

How is the Outdoor Edge Magna? Kit Carson design, Zytel handles and AUS-8 steel. Anyone have one of these? I'm trying to decide between a Voyager and this one for an inexpensive utility EDC.

When you buy a Spyderco you get alot more then what you pay for. That said I think the Spyderco Endura, Delica, Native, Calypso jr, and Cricket are my favs for budget knifes.

Cray, I have had both of the knives you mention. They are both good quality, but if I had to pick one, it would be the OE Magna for sure. The zytel handled one has a good solid steel frame and is a very tough knife. I would bet it could handle anything the CS could, and it looks better as well.

My vote as my favorite of the budget one handers would be the CRKT Kasper or the Point Guard.

Spyderco Native, Lightweight
CRK&T Crawford/Kasper, Large
CRK&T M16-03
Camillus EDC, 154CM
Timberline Worden Tactical, Large

For me the whole "knive-thing" started with a Spy Endura
(still one of my favorites)
New "#1" production is the CRKT M16/03Z
Also a bargain: Spy Walker

:D

I give good ratings to the following ones I have used:

1. Buck Odyssey
2. CRKT M16-04
3. CRKT L.U.S.
4. CRKT Mirage

Spyderco Native, just love it. It's now my every day user, have replaced a Benchmade Stryker and mini-AFCK for that (I still like the BM's though).

I carry two custom linerlocks in stag, but I do also carry a production knife for general utility.

#1. Spyderco/Michael Walker lt/wt. I've carried one of these for three years and I just don't know of a better designed carry knife.

A close second would be a Camillus EDC, what a great knife. I've actually had people prefer the EDC to one of my customs :eek:

Back