your favourite folder

Mine would be the Buck Tempest Ats34... as its the my only real folder and it puts up with the abuse that I give it. I am looking at getting a SAT assisted SOG but cant decide which one.

I allways keep my AirSOG at hand. It does the job wheter I want a spleen taken out of my finger, cut a rope or open a bottle of beer. I love the one-hand-opening-thumbstud. It takes about half a second from the point when I decide to use the knife to when the AirSOG is ready in my hand.

Rower

rower , how do you open the beer with the airsog?

maverick : go the graphite clip point flash 2 , thats what i got , a personal favourite. i also love my buck 110 folding hunter with finger grooves

My EDC is still a CS Gunsite 4" folder. Now if you asked about hunting sheath knives you might get an answer with a SOG in it.....

Man that's a tough question SIRGALANT.. You guys have mentioned a lot of great knives.

Today for me, it's a Large Regular Sebenza, when my SNG gets back from the spa I'm hoping it'll be back to #1 on the pick list.

Have a good one,

sp

SIRGALANT said:
rower , how do you open the beer with the airsog?
Hi, Sirgalant.

I hold the beer bottle firmly in my left hand, the cork just sticking out of my closed fist. Then I put the upper side of the blade of the AirSOG (the side that isn't razor sharp) underneath the cork and twist the knife firmly (the motion is similar to using the throttle on a motorcycle, only the other way). This motion should, when applied correctly, pull the cork off the bottle with a popping sound.

I would advise people who try this out for the first time to use something else than a sharp knife. A cold beer is nice, but maybe not worth a bleeding hand. The method can be used with cigarette lighters or even another beer bottle. Much easier to use the AirSOG when you get the hang of it, though.

Note that I like to use my knife, and I am not worried about scratches. The beer bottle cork can leave marks on your knife.

Good luck, and cheers!

Rower:D

thanks guys , thats very interesting rower .

i`m considering buying a large cold steel voyager , just to play with .

sebenza sounds expensive

cheers

SIRGALANT

Back