Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

Its got some really rich and deep color to it. I think you found a winner there.

Chris, I cut out a profile in some hardboard to see how it feels, not the best angle in the picture, but what do you think?

Ha, you mentioned mystery:D I'll give you bits and pieces as we go unless you want the full Monty. Your call.

I've got two interesting ideas I may try, nothing bizarre, but we'll be unique.

Our OAL looks just short of 9" with 4 1/4" blade. All approximates. Let me know if those work for you.

The Skinna is wrapping up, we should be able to get this ball rolling soon.

:thumbup:

I think the fine folks here like to see how your mangling skills are progressing so you should probably post pics. ;)

I think the fine folks here like to see how your mangling skills are progressing so you should probably post pics.

^ This!
^ This!
^ This! (channeling my inner CJ here...)

Old school handle options... :D

RMK_DPH.jpg

Contact was made...
402-Airplane-quotes.gif

A design was agreed on.
mission-impossible-fuse-o.gif

I'll post pics when I get a blank profiled out.

(I imagine some won't get these references, sorry, I didn't see the remakes:D)

Unrelated - I was going to buy some fuse at the last local gun show. Sold in 50' lengths, I asked about the burn rate; 30' a second, was the response. Um, no... :eek:

Had some wait time on the sheath I'm working on so got our blade profiled out.

I still need to clean the inside curve of the handle up. Right at 9" with a 4 1/4" cutting edge .156" 1095.

I hope the inside curve is close to what you were looking for. The grain in the scales happen to line up very well. Good choice on the piece of wood, but I think the wood might have chosen you!

Wow! Looks fantastic already. I can't wait to see how the final product comes out.

I love the curves on that baby, she's gonna be sweet!

Thanks guys. I'm really liking this design so far, a thanks to Chris for giving me freedom with it. I think I'll do a long swedge and small pins in pairs for the handle with a thong tube. Shes gonna be pinup girl curvy, I'm not fond of straight lines. Made up a word today fiddling with it, thumpling.....any guesses?

Thumpling? No guess at the moment, but my curiosity is up.

Thanks guys. I'm really liking this design so far, a thanks to Chris for giving me freedom with it. I think I'll do a long swedge and small pins in pairs for the handle with a thong tube. Shes gonna be pinup girl curvy, I'm not fond of straight lines. Made up a word today fiddling with it, thumpling.....any guesses?

I like the way you think. :thumbup:

Wait, did you say "pin up girl in a thong"?

Back