Your most useful tools in the shop

PEU

Gaucho Knifemaker
This idea came from the what's going on in your shop thread.

I kickstart it with the ones I use the most that I have laying here at my desk:

- Kant twist clamps, I have them in many sizes, the ones I use the most are the 2" and 4"
- Robogrip, I use them for moving hot stuff around, and of course as a wrench.

What I like about them? they always grip parallel.

I will add more as time allows, please share yours!

Pablo

3LP8tGp.png

I have a pair of Klein lineman pliers that I use for a ton of things. Blades in and out of kiln. Wire cutting. Pin cutting. Hammering lol. I'm lost when they're lost.

Spring clamps, blue tape and minimill

2x72. I also love my everlast powerpro 205si tig arc plasma combo unit. I can't believe how much ibuse that thing.maybe not most useful but one of my favorites

Every time I go to adjust something on my grinder I have to scour the shop for the right wrench or Allen key. No longer!

My Knipex plier wrench was an incredible quality of life improvement. I also love my folding Allen key set.
ES4WacP

oRvByAP.jpg

Last edited:
I'll avoid the major items like 2x72 and disc grinder. Next is calipers, square, and sharpies.

Every time I go to adjust something on my grinder I have to scour the shop for the right wrench or Allen key. No longer!

My Knipex plier wrench was an incredible quality of life improvement. I also love my folding Allen key set.
ES4WacP

oRvByAP.jpg
Very nice. I'm getting one

The first thing I reach for when I go out into my shop is my head lamp. It's amazing how much it helps. Other than the obvious like my 2x72, I'd say the other items would be my Grizzly drill-press, porta-band saw and my Craftsman wood band saw. They both get used a lot. Finally vises and clamps.

Maybe shoud be "tools & machinery" in topic?

A lot of the stuff I use has been posted already.
One of the most usefull things I built lately is a sharpening jig for the grinder. After P1200 VSM RK700X slow & wet, and a few passes on the loaded felt wheel things get screaming sharp.
1wphGCJ.jpg

My favourite machine is the drill press I picked up last year. Drilling holes is almost the best part of this hobby now... so rigid and precise.
JwJVZKZ.jpg

After using up a Dremel, I got a Foredom and love it!
I have different hight workbenches and I can move the Foredom to where I work on a curtainrail.
Mine has a foot pedal and reverse function.
Wouldn't want to do without!

And yes I use quite a bit of toiletpaper to clean while hand sanding etc.

IMG-20210126-103759.jpg

Back