Your Opinion Please

Please tell me what you think of the dimples on ti handle?
Good or Bad.
Thanks!

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 332
I was told that would make the resale value higher.
I am not the one who did that.

You're joking right?

Would you pay more for that knife after seeing it? :barf:

Who DID do that to the knife, if it wasn't you?

You wouldn't believe me if told you, so I will leave it at that.
My mother said i was born at night, but it was not last night.

Funk1

What's interesting is that the tigerstriping heat treat is still visible along the inside surface of the dimples, implying that the heat treat pervades the titanium, OR he re-treated it, or something else happened here.

I didn't expect the striping to be so strongly visible after drilling under the surface, given that titanium anodizing usually is only the top layer and can be scraped off.

Weird.

-j

Hi Mick,

Although I never had the chance to talk to you personally, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the time and effort that you put forth in putting the dimples on the handle (although I think it hurt the resale value):D ha!ha!

Bert

Wait when did Mick start drinking????? Cause that was either him drunk and when I say drunk I mean FUBAR'd. Or somebody actually requested that be done to the poor SnG... That is ugly I think I will pass on dimples thanks all the same....

I like the dimples on the older SNG's, but i sure dont like THOSE dimples! :)

As to Mick's "dimples", i dont know, but that looks to me like one of those "tight" SNG's that requires a VERY rigorous break-in period. :) Like 24/7/365 to do it properly... And i do NOT think its a design flaw.

long story short:

Trucker with an Emerson was at a truckstop.

Other guy, retired, had a hobby sharpening knives on a bench grinder, for a small fee, at the truckstop.

Guy w/ knife got knife sharpened. I watched from the side to see what he did. When the knife was done, the black finish was scraped up... probably up to halfway up the grind.

The trucker looked at his knife... felt the edge and said "Ohhhh... that's sharp." He had a cool smile on his face.

Anyhow, what did you ask for? A pretty pattern?

Cause that... it ain't. :D

cheers

Back